ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode or British Passport or Indian Passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chakarj
Newly Registered

Re: Right of Abode or British Passport or Indian Passport?

Post by chakarj » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi praks,

You have to get a sworn affidavit from indian embassy in uk.
Docs that are required for the affidavit
-Birth certificate of the baby
-your passport
Also take the marriage certificate(nt sure if it is required)

Mother can apply for the baby indian passport in India.
You have to enquire if spouse name inclusion in your wife passport is mandatory for her to apply. We applied through thathkal. Need to fill the online application form and then get the appointment.

Docs required for passport
Birth certificate of the baby
Self attested passport copy of the father
Passport and passport copy of the mother
Sworn affidavit
Marriage certificate
There is one more form wer the mother has to sign don't remember which annexure it is.

shree2107
Newly Registered

Post by shree2107 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi Sher123,

I understand from reading all your posts that you have successfully applied for RoA within UK, I am in need of the procedure for the same, can you please let me know your email id please?

Both myself and my wife have ILR and we are blessed with a baby girl now. I have already applied for Indian passport in Birmingham and should receive the passport soon. Since the child is not eligible for an ILR, I am left with only RoA for my child and have few queries regarding this. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Shree

shree2107
Newly Registered

Post by shree2107 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Can anyone please tell me the procedure to apply for RoA for my kid born in UK for ILR parents? have anybody applied recently?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:20 pm

chakarj wrote:Hi praks,

You have to get a sworn affidavit from indian embassy in uk.
Docs that are required for the affidavit
-Birth certificate of the baby
-your passport
Also take the marriage certificate(nt sure if it is required)

Mother can apply for the baby indian passport in India.
You have to enquire if spouse name inclusion in your wife passport is mandatory for her to apply. We applied through thathkal. Need to fill the online application form and then get the appointment.

Docs required for passport
Birth certificate of the baby
Self attested passport copy of the father
Passport and passport copy of the mother
Sworn affidavit
Marriage certificate
There is one more form wer the mother has to sign don't remember which annexure it is.
Dear Chakarj,

Thanks a ton for your detailed response. We are going to apply for baby's indian passport in India and you response is extremely helpful.

By the way, have you also applied for CoE. If yes, did you apply online? I am not able to get the correct visa form (VAF7) online. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

chakarj
Newly Registered

Post by chakarj » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi Praks,

You need to apply through online. please find the below link(if applying from india) where the application needs to be fillied. Select others and others in the visa category drop down, only then the option of COE comes.
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:14 pm

chakarj wrote:Hi Praks,

You need to apply through online. please find the below link(if applying from india) where the application needs to be fillied. Select others and others in the visa category drop down, only then the option of COE comes.
Thanks a lot Chakarj, this is extremely helpful. Last question:
While filling up the ROA form for an infant,how should I fill following section.

what do I write under Nationality for him (British or Indian)
And again they ask 'Any other Nationality' - what do I write here.

Country of Residence - India or UK?

Permanent residential address - India or UK address?

Income & Expenditure - Shall we leave it as not applicable or shall I fill my finances.

Finally for ROA can I send a photocopy of passport?

Please let me know if you have already applied and got the ROA.

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards:
Praks

I would be really grateful if anyone can urgently help me with these questions.

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Post by sanjay45 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:57 am

Hello Praks,

Yes you will need a Sworn Affidavit from Indian Embassy.
It is basically saying that you the father has no issue with you not being in India and wife applying for Indian passport.

You will get the sworn affidavit form at the embassy.

Please remember to take your Original passport and copy of the photo page plus proof of address (any bill or bank statement in your name).

Strangely in India the official said that the Sworn affidavit was fake as it it did not have the name of the personwho signed it. My father just stood his guard and said they should cross check if they doubt as it is the Indian embassy which gave the affidavit. It was all fine. Getting passport by next Tuesday.

My question for you is. 1. Are you 100% sure that I have to put Nationality as British

2. Where it says Any other Nationality, I write 'Indian?
3. Are you again 100% sure to write permanent address as UK and not India
4. Do I send tenancy agreement?

thanks

Sanjay

shree2107
Newly Registered

Post by shree2107 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:26 am

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how do I book an premium appointment within UK for RoA for my new born child? Since she is too young, is it mandatory to take her as well for the premium appointment if any? How do i take my daughter's signature, is it Thumb impression?

Myself and my wife both are ILR holders in UK and we recently got an Indian passport for my daughter. Now I am in need of applying for RoA on her Indian passport.

Many Thanks in advance,
Shree

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:48 am

Friends,

Those who have already successfully applied for CoE to ROA in India, can you please let me know what to fill in section 5 (Finance and Employment) for a newborn child while applying online.

I think all the fields should be filled with N/A (Not Applicable).

Please share your experience.

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards:
Praks

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:15 pm

praks_singh wrote:
chakarj wrote:Hi Praks,

Thanks a lot Chakarj, this is extremely helpful. Last question:
While filling up the ROA form for an infant,how should I fill following section.

Income & Expenditure - Shall we leave it as not applicable or shall I fill my finances.

Finally for ROA can I send a photocopy of passport?

Please let me know if you have already applied and got the ROA.

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards:
Praks

I would be really grateful if anyone can urgently help me with these questions.
Dear Chakarj,

I will be grateful to you if yo can please help me with the questions I asked earlier. since you have already successfully got CoE to ROA, I will go with what you have filled on the online form.

Thanks & Regards:
Praks

chakarj
Newly Registered

Post by chakarj » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:31 pm

praks_singh wrote:Friends,

Those who have already successfully applied for CoE to ROA in India, can you please let me know what to fill in section 5 (Finance and Employment) for a newborn child while applying online.

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards:
Praks
Hi Praks,

For couple of questions we did mention the amount don't remember which one. It depends on to whom the question is asked. Rest we just mentioned appl is 3mnth old baby.

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks a lot Chakarj!

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:41 pm

chakarj wrote:
praks_singh wrote:Friends,

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards:
Praks
Hi Praks,

For couple of questions we did mention the amount don't remember which one. It depends on to whom the question is asked. Rest we just mentioned appl is 3mnth old baby.
Thanks again Chakarj!

One last question - Did you have to take your newborn baby to VFS office for this application? How long it took to get the visa after application? If you can please share your contact number (India/UK), it will be great help. I will call you once. You can email me your number at praks.singh@gmail.com.

Best Regards:
Praks

chakarj
Newly Registered

Post by chakarj » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi

Yes, have to take the baby to the VFS office for applying.
Applied on 27th jan and got the message asking us to collect the processed application on 11th feb.

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks a lot Chakarj. This is very helpful.
Kind Regards:
Prakash

shree2107
Newly Registered

Post by shree2107 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me how do I book the premium appointment within UK for right to abode? I just heard that the standard processing times could take upto 6 months within UK, so was wondering if anyone know how to book a premium appointment for right to abode.

Thanks,
Shree

shree2107
Newly Registered

Post by shree2107 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm

sher123 wrote:
avol wrote:Can you please let me know what happened with your ROA visa application in India.
Please HELP ME, MY FAMILY IS STUCK IN INDIA NOW
This sounds very strange. I can't see why the application should be rejected unless the application was filled incorrectly. It appears that you may have grounds to appeal the rejection if the rule was incorrectly interpreted. You daughter is a Indian passport holder and she is eligible for RoA by virtue of her birth and her parent's residency status.

I gave up the idea of applying for RoA from India. I instead applied in UK and got my RoA within 2 weeks. In the process I had to cancel my visit to India, since the RoA arrived 2 days later (after my scheduled travel date). The impression I got after inquiring about RoA application in India was that it wouldn't be processed within a short time and I couldn't risk getting stuck in India. From your experience, it appears that RoA decision took 4-5 weeks. I'm glad that my wife dissuaded me against taking the chance with RoA application in India.

Hi Sher123,

Can you please tell me how did you apply for right to abode in UK where you have received it in 2-3 weeks. Website says standard processing times will take about 6 months and no where I can find information on how to book premium service appointment. Please tell me how do I book premium service appointment for RoA within UK.

Thanks for your help,
Shree

shree2107
Newly Registered

Post by shree2107 » Sun May 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi Guys,

Some please reply, I am in desperate need of info on premium appointment for right to abode?

Thanks,
Shree

ashpan23
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashpan23 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:35 pm

shree2107 wrote:Hi Guys,

Some please reply, I am in desperate need of info on premium appointment for right to abode?

Thanks,
Shree
Hi Shree
There is no premium appointment service for ROA. Normally it comes in 2-3 weeks. but its better to reserve 4 week. I got for my son on 21st day.

ashpan23

shree2107
Newly Registered

Post by shree2107 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks ashpan23,

That was much useful :), Only option available is to send the documents via to Liverpool address. I was struggling to get this information, thanks again.

Regards,
Shree

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Post by sanjay45 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello chakraj,
My wife also applied for ROA on 25th April and got txt messages with visa application number (GWF031378993)
Our flight is back on 12th June. Really worried if we will get it on time.

Is there a number I can ring to find out about its progress.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sanjay

Yes, have to take the baby to the VFS office for applying.
Applied on 27th jan and got the message asking us to collect the processed application on 11th feb.[/quote]

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Right of Abode refusal of entry clearance

Post by sanjay45 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:09 pm

My son's right of abode application has been rejected as I submitted photocopy of his English birth certificate.
The hindi one was original. It was only because we forgot to bring it to Delhi from Dehradun. They want us to appeal but that can 6 months to 12 months!!!

Can't we just hand over the Original birth Certificate at British embassy in DElhi than go through this 6 months decision process!!!!!

I am so unlucky as none of my requests on the forum are answered and while submitting it I am writing so passionately as if the reply is just a day away!!

there is no number to ring and we are just stranded..

ANY ADVICE WILL VERY VERY HELPFUL

Sanjay

chakarj
Newly Registered

Post by chakarj » Wed May 14, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi Sanjay,

Sorry to know that the visa got rejected.
Have they given any review form along with the documents returned to you? If so you could send all the documents with the review form. They might review and change the decision.

My friend's baby visa got rejected, but a different category. There was a review form given to them, they sent all the documents along the original birth certificate and they got the visa.

Try calling the uk no.

sanjay45
Newly Registered

Post by sanjay45 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 am

They did give appeal form IAF2 and this can take a minimum of 6 months to 12 months.
I am like just to show the Original birth certificate I have to go through this 6 months minimum decision time.
the lady at the Tribunal was Indian origin and she said though they cannot advice but suggested to either contact the Embassy and see if they can just ask for the Original Birth Certificate as the appeal route is waste of time in my situation OR apply again.

The embassy number in delhi is useless 91 11 24192100 as noone picks up and it just frustrates as I really want to speak to someone.

Thanks

Sanjay