ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Child of the Parents Who Apply for 10 Years ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daveibay
Newly Registered

Dependent Child of the Parents Who Apply for 10 Years ILR

Post by daveibay » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi,
Currently, I am holding a Tier-2 work permit visa and my wife & child hold dependent visas. Both me and my wife came to UK in 2004 (together, same time) and qualify to apply for 10 year route simultaneously (we have been living in UK continuously for 10 years). My wife has been my dependent throughout.
My child was born in UK in 2010 (and child has been living in UK from birth), but hold a non UK passport and has travelled outside the UK using that passport.
1. I am aware that me and my wife should apply 10 years long residence ILR independently (or separately); What would be the best way to get the permanent residency for my child? This is very confusing.... please help.
2. Last 10 year period, I have done work related travel (many short visits that not violate eligibility to apply for ILR), I have forgotten travel dates. Is there a way that I can obtain my travel records?
3. The 10 year period includes 2 years of Tier-1 PSW visa- Believe this okay?
4. Any additional advice related to our applications are very much appreciated...

Thank you very much in advance.

--
daveibay

vinny

Re: Dependent Child of the Parents Who Apply for 10 Years IL

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:25 am

The ten year period may include PSW.

When does your child's leave expire?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:44 am

Once either parent is granted ILR the UK born child will be entitled to register as British, his/her immigration status will be irrelevant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

daveibay
Newly Registered

Post by daveibay » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:53 pm

vinny wrote:The ten year period may include PSW.

When does your child's leave expire?
Thanks for the reply.
Child's visa expires at end of 2016 (2 years left from the date we apply for ILR). However, soon after I apply for ILR, child's VISA should become invalid - As the child possess Tier 2 dependent visa.

1. My child already possess a foreign passport and had previously travel abroad using the passport and with UK dependent VISA. Still do you think my child can register as British?

2. If I prefer to get permanent residency instead of registering as British (Given our situation, this is the best for my child), what would be the best way to do it. I know neither me nor my wife can include any dependent in our ILR application as we are applying under 10 year route.

Thanks in advance,

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:34 am

1. Yes.
2. If you don't want to register child as a British citizen, then both mother and child may apply on FLR(M) after you are granted ILR or before their leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 am

Do note that the Financial Requirement will increase with children. It may be more appropriate to continue as a PBS applicant if you're on a route to settlement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.