ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefenite Leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karthik76
Newly Registered

Indefenite Leave to remain

Post by karthik76 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi Ya I am currently on the Tier 1 General visa which is valid till Nov 2015. I have been granted 1 year HSMp in 2005 december and subsequently extended it for 4 years in december 2006. But I have been travelling back to uk atleast once a year and the maximum period out of the country was for 13months during feb 2008 to march 2009. I have come back into Uk and my continous period of residence starts from April 2010. Subsequently my HSMP visa was renewed to a Tier 1 general in the Uk and was granted extension for 3 years .I have re-extended it till Nov 2015. Am i eligible for applying for Indefenite leave to remain under the HSMP JR. Also i need to know whether i am qualifying for the HSMP JR as my original HSMp approval was done in December 2005. Could you also advice whether my dependants qualify for the Indefenite leave without staying for a period of 2 years. many thanks karthik

Obie
Ireland

Re: Indefenite Leave to remain

Post by Obie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Between March 2009 and April 2010, how long were you outside the UK.

13 months is a long period, but if between march 2009 and April 2010, you spent less than 180 outside the UK, then you may qualify sooner than April 2015.

You can't qualify under the HSMP JR as you appear to have broken your absence by virtue of the 13 months you were away.

Depending on when the dependents came in, and whether they are children or Partner, and how long they had been in the UK with you, they may qualify with you when you apply for ILR.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors