ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maxelbrig
Newly Registered

EEA extended family member

Post by maxelbrig » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:21 am

Hi everyone!

I hope this message finds you all well. I am 31 years old non-EU citizen but my father is Italian therefore EU citizen, so the question is? Can I apply for EEA Family Permit as a child of EU National using the extended family member route? if so, how can I prove that I have been dependent on my father? He has been supported my financially before, during and after my studies in the UK? What documents are required to prove that? Will bank transfers, or birth certificate help?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

P.S. I used to hold a UK Student visa and have successfully completed my studies and returned home.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA extended family member

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 am

The test is, You need the support of your father to be able to meet your essential need.

Provided you will be unable to meet you essential needs without your father's support, you will be considered as a dependent.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors