ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Potential Issue with Application - Unknown

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vj121212
Newly Registered

Potential Issue with Application - Unknown

Post by vj121212 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:44 am

Hi All,

I have sent my application via post last week and have got a BIO metrics done also received the acknowledgement letter, but with the acknowledgement letter I have a letter which states as below after mentioning that it can take more than 8 weeks to decide my application it states as below

Your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. As such, it falls outside our normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible

This is my 2nd extension and only this time is different from normal documents is I have shown my Indian HDFC Bank NRI accounts statement for Maintenance of Funds for myself and my dependant, with a letter from the bank also, all pages of statement stamped and signed on Bank letter head, not sure if that is the issue here, anyone got any idea about above clause and came across same issue with their applications, Is their a way I can approach UKBA and ask for more clarification as each day would a ? unless I get my application processed, any advise appreciated.

kg_1218

Re: Potential Issue with Application - Unknown

Post by kg_1218 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:51 am

Bit strange. Has anyone got the similar statement from homeoffice?

ta

rsjjrsjj
Newly Registered

Post by rsjjrsjj » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi

we applied for DLR (based on 7 year child rule) on 11th March and have got the confirmation for application. We missed the Special delivery for biometrics letter on Thursday and it was redelivered today i.e.29th March. We have received the exact same letter as well.

Good to know that we are not alone.

redeve17eve
Newly Registered

Post by redeve17eve » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi Poster, I also received same letter few days ago
I applied under FLR FP
Have you heard anything about what this letter really means
Also I havent received any letter for BRP, have you?
Pls share ideas guys

mb123
Newly Registered

Post by mb123 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:38 pm

HI guys today i have received same letter which states as fallows,

Your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. As such, it falls outside our normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

Any help please

skumar11
Newly Registered

Post by skumar11 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi,

I applied for 2nd Tier -1 extension a week before for myself, wife and 2 kids. Yesterday I got Biometric letter for my dependants but for my case instead of Biometric letter, I have received a letter stating that "your application raises issues relating to the european convention on human rights" and will take more then 8 weeks in processing.

Could someone please tell the status of their application because I can see there are others on this thread who got the similar letter and no biometric yet?

Thanks,
Sandeep

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:46 pm

@skumar11 and @mb123, can you give more information to members to help you out?

It was self-employed or full-time. funds or some other conditions which are different than what is a simple case..

skumar11
Newly Registered

Post by skumar11 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi,

In my case, I am self employed and have no issue of maintenance funds or income and had 105 points. Also provided enough details/Proofs for income.

I got BRP letter for my Dependants but in my own case, i got this European human rights objection. Don't know what it is. It is my 2nd extension.

Thanks,
Sandeep

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Cheers,
OR

cjoy
Newly Registered

Post by cjoy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:29 am

Hello,

Friends please help me .I am really worried .

I applied for Tier -1 general extension 10 days before for myself, wife and 2 kids. Yesterday I got Biometric letter for my dependants but for my case instead of Biometric letter, I have received a letter stating that "your application raises issues relating to the european convention on human rights" and will take more then 8 weeks in processing.

what it means ?Why they not issued biometric letter for myself ? Do I need to take any action email/phone etc

I am self employed and provided all required company documents and funds supporting documents.

Regards
Cjoy

skumar11
Newly Registered

Post by skumar11 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:27 am

Hi CJoy,

I am yet to hear anything from Home Office and have got a similar case to you. Will update you in case i hear anything further from Home Office.
In the meantime if someone else come across any information on their case then please share it with rest of us.

Thanks

mami
Newly Registered

Post by mami » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:26 pm

[quote="vj121212"]Hi All,

I have sent my application via post last week and have got a BIO metrics done also received the acknowledgement letter, but with the acknowledgement letter I have a letter which states as below after mentioning that it can take more than 8 weeks to decide my application it states as below

Your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. As such, it falls outside our normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible. Pls I need someone to tell me what is all about pls

candycrush
Newly Registered

Post by candycrush » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi All,
So I applied to extend my tier 2 general visa on the 18th of september, 2014. Like many of you, I received a letter acknowledging receipt of my application but there was this paragraph inserted to the effect of something like this: your application raises issues relating to the european convention on human rights. I was quite nervous about this as I didn't know what it meant. I phoned the call centre of UKVI and the lady I spoke to couldn't tell me anymore than what I already knew. I wanted to contact the UKVI by letter as per the lady's suggestion but I did not. In the meantime, I read up on the internet and I gathered that it had something to do with taking biometric details of a person. A case had been brought against the UKVI and as such they had to justify why they needed to keep such information about applicants to the european court. That's when they started inserting that paragraph so I came to the conclusion that for applications where biometric details are required, that paragraph is put in as a generic paragraph. Do not quote me on this, its just the conclusion I've come to personally.

Anyway, I received the decision of my application today and it was successful so I am pleased about that. I was quite surprised as it only took them about 3 weeks to return a decision. The initial letter I received said it could be longer that 8 weeks which was the standard but it wasn't even a month! SO, if you've had that paragraph inserted in the acknowledgement letter do not loose any sleep over it. It shouldn't affect your application in any way.

I hope you all have good news with your applications! :D