ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT working tax carers allowance and ilr help please

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fsas09
Newly Registered

URGENT working tax carers allowance and ilr help please

Post by fsas09 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Mmy husband is here on the 2 year spouse visa. We have 3 kids. The eldest jas complicated health issues and receives dla at high rate. I get carers as I cant work due to his health
when my husband came he found a job within weeks and has been working there ever since. Hes done b1 and life in uk test. We are putting his case together for ilr but when I had second child I rang tax credits and from then on we were also given working tax credit. On the tax credits letters there's both of our names. His working tax mine child tax. Imggetting mixed responses about whether that's a problem or not. I did actually write to the tax office and have proof of delivery of postage from the post office (receipt) and hanf draft of the letter. I explained that he wasnt entitled and please stop and let us repay but got no reply and still get working tax credits. Chid benefits, chilf tax and carers are in my name. On tax credits form it says youve applied as a couple
Will this cause a problem? What do you recommend? We were planning on applying in person but will he have to answer any questions? His english is pretty basic.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT working tax carers allowance and ilr help please

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Child benefit in your name is correct and tax credits should be in joint names, so that is also correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fsas09
Newly Registered

Post by fsas09 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:37 pm

By correct do you mean it won't effect ilr?
What about if we go to submit in person will they have to interview him or can I answer for him due to him only speaking basic English?
Do we have to have a solicitor involved? I can fill the form in myself.
What about carers?
Sorry about all the questions

thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:26 pm

You have claimed correctly and won't have a problem. However, if you have to answer questions for him the case worker may query how he managed to pass B1 level English and pass the Life in the UK test. You don't need to have a solicitor involved as long as you are confident that you will be able to complete the application form.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fsas09
Newly Registered

Post by fsas09 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks.
He passed with a lot of prep. He becomes really nervous as hes scared hes going to say something wrong and others will laugh.
He can answer basic like where do you work how many hours etc...
thanks for that