ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative review # Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Administrative review # Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 pm

The best approach To Submit Administrative Review ..?..

I applied for Entrepreneur visa - from Dubai last month, Although Got all 95 points, But been refused under genuine ground.

I provided them with a detailed business plan and 4 page statement / covering letter along with other documents with my original application, but it seems ECO didn't see or consider them as all refusal reasons are research, marketing + knowing minimum wage, etc.. (which I believe is absolutely unfair and unrealistic reason to refuse my entrepreneur visa application.

I did some research about appeal and Administrative review and realized here is the best place to get experts ideas.. ( I know the basic about AR - I could not find my answer in UKBA site or in relevant guidance about AR.) I hope you can advice me on these 3 question;

Can I fax/email request Notice (plus covering letter) to Dubai Entry Clearance or it should be in person or by post ?

Request Notice for Administrative Review that I saw online has a little space to add information (to explain why you think the reason/decision in wrong). * To submit Administrative Review, Can I attach a covering letter, along with it's Official Form (request Notice) to Submit A.D. ?

Plus, can I also send a copy of a 3 page statement that I provided them with my original application ( But I believe they did not see or consider it - it would make it clear for them to understand this as a Genuine entrepreneurial business/visa.)
I have Only a week to submit AR.
I Would be grateful if you can advice me on these 3 question (or any other tips I may need to know/to do)

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Re: Administrative review # Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:45 pm

Please do reply as soon as you can, It's Urgent - I appreciate you consideration..

mmff
Newly Registered

Post by mmff » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:24 pm

Tier 1 Entrepreneur wrote:Please do reply as soon as you can, It's Urgent - I appreciate you consideration..
hi
just submitted admin review from pakistan.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:58 pm

any advice to submit AR.. ?
should I put all info & explanation on the official form (Request Notice) ? or can I attach any letter / statement for ECM ?
If you submitted one, did you fax or post ?
I did find a '' administrative review request Notice '' form on UKBA website, but it is from 2009 !, is it valid and ok ? also in the quideline there, there is not much info.. Please let me know about it..

mmff
Newly Registered

Post by mmff » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:09 am

Tier 1 Entrepreneur wrote:any advice to submit AR.. ?
should I put all info & explanation on the official form (Request Notice) ? or can I attach any letter / statement for ECM ?
I did find a '' administrative review request Notice '' form on UKBA website, but it is from 2009 !, is it valid and ok ? also in the quideline there, there is not much info.. Please let me know about it..
the one i received with refusal letter is also dated year 2009. it says "can be posted, fax, email or by hand". posted through local courier, email at the address printed on the refusal letter/admin review (can't seem to remember if address details were on refusal letter or review request form).
i spoke to few lawyers in london and scotland. one lawyers asked for 1500gbp, another 1000. minimum i was quoted 800 sterling. anyway, i downloaded everything regarding immigration rules/guidance notes whatever i could get online. made it myself. for every sentence eco wrote, i prepared explanation. logically speaking, i was unable to answer "one question" only. so mentioned everything that happened during the course of interview and ask em to reconsider the decision.
thats it.
something missing, you can contact.

mmff
Newly Registered

Post by mmff » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:14 am

Tier 1 Entrepreneur wrote:any advice to submit AR.. ?
as for sending documents with admin review, its a funny situation. home office says "do not send any additional documentation", I've seen a admin review refusal letter where manager stated "you should have sent documents with admin review request". i only posted papers with refusal, that had explanation about refusal letter. as already mentioned because of lack of space at request notice.
hope that helps.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Submit Administrative review # Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience..
I have two question about it, I don't have request notice,( and no address or email on the refusal letter, too) and the request notice form that I did find online (2009 form) did not stated anything about address or if I can email or fax it !?, can you let me know how you found it and do you know, where to send my request notice/ I applied in Dubai and I was interviewed in Abu Dhabi.
some people advised me to post it to a address in UAE, ( and although it seems right BUT I nee to be sure about it).

I emailed UKBA in Dubai ( from gov.uk website) but no response so far.
Please let me know if you can advice me in this situation / I have ONLY 3 days left!!

confused90

Post by confused90 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:28 pm

You have to email the administrative review to:-

visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

Please do it ASAP!

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:48 pm

by email !!.. Thank you very much.

I searched all over internet! and there was no mention of that -to be sure that AR would be correctly submitted.. I could not find anyone who has emailed his/her Admin Review so far..! (and different addresses been advised to people like me for sending their AR. in UAE/Dubai)

It is great as it won't take a few days by post!-
(I am going to attach a 2-3 page covering letter ( with Admin Review Request Notice) to respond to ECO's refusal reasons.. )

shall I also attach a copy of refusal letter ?

Thanks, Please advice me further if I am missing anything..

confused90

Post by confused90 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Attach everything you wish too, maximum they could say is 'We don't accept these documents' or whatever. But at least don't give them a reason to say you didn't submit evidence or proper documents ;)

After sending them an email, within 24-48 hours you should get a reply that the application is under administrative review and can take unto 28 working days.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Thank you very much. Your advice is very helpful..

I am preparing those letter and sending them all together..

(I am just thinking ; as I am writing my letter in M-Word, so maybe I have to convert it to PDF or something that they can easily see or print or .. (as it is absolutely crucial for me to convince them in my AR -and may NOT be important to THEM! - So, I would do my best.. to make it clear and be easily understood..)

yet, please let me know if you have any suggestions..

*I am very new to this forum, and yet don't know how it works exactly, But it seems to be very useful forum..
Thanks

confused90

Post by confused90 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Tier 1 Entrepreneur wrote:Thank you very much. Your advice is very helpful..

(I am just thinking ; as I am writing my letter in M-Word, so maybe I have to convert it to PDF or something that they can easily see or print or .. (as it is absolutely crucial for me to convince them in my AR -and may NOT be important to THEM! - So, I would do my best.. to make it clear and be easily understood..)

*I am very new to this forum, and yet don't know how it works exactly, But it seems to be very useful forum..
Thanks
The letter can be typed in M-Word, and then pasted into the e-mail's body.

I would suggest the documents to be attached in PDF, so it can be easily printed. But I guess the team-workers would usually go through the email, and most probably not print documents.

mmff
Newly Registered

Post by mmff » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Tier 1 Entrepreneur wrote:Thank you very much. Your advice is very helpful..

Thanks
confused's been real helpful, my apologies. couldn't get back to you earlier. hope you've submitted by now, and good luck.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:34 pm

thank you very much..
I am preparing the letter yet ..

libra_342
Newly Registered

Post by libra_342 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:22 am

confused90 wrote:Attach everything you wish too, maximum they could say is 'We don't accept these documents' or whatever. But at least don't give them a reason to say you didn't submit evidence or proper documents ;)

After sending them an email, within 24-48 hours you should get a reply that the application is under administrative review and can take unto 28 working days.
will the review decision will come in 28 working days or it will take more ??

confused90

Post by confused90 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:19 am

libra_342 wrote:
confused90 wrote:Attach everything you wish too, maximum they could say is 'We don't accept these documents' or whatever. But at least don't give them a reason to say you didn't submit evidence or proper documents ;)

will the review decision will come in 28 working days or it will take more ??
Give them a call after 28 days, shouldn't take longer than 28 days usually

libra_342
Newly Registered

Post by libra_342 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:13 pm

mmff wrote:
Tier 1 Entrepreneur wrote:Please do reply as soon as you can, It's Urgent - I appreciate you consideration..
hi
just submitted admin review from pakistan.
did you get any response from them? please leave your email address as well, thx

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Just to update you ( and perhaps give you some more info;

Despite got all 95 points in total for Entrepreneur visa, ( Plus having a proper business plan and statement and money already in an account in UK an ..ETC ) been refused because of Genuine .. !!!, however it was ALL down to INTERVIEW, I realize all you have to do is to play, be careful with your Interview.. cause they want to refuse you should prepare as much as you can in details ( like national minimum age ACT or your tax / plan / employee and how much you going to pay spend and when ..etc..

However I ve done Admin Review with a 3 page statement to explain why it was wrong to refuse me and explained why I am a Genuine entrepreneur .. BUT it did not work as they even did NOT bother to review and see my evidence ..
Reviewer just Copy / Paste the original refusal comments of ECO !! that's all and refused..

Now I realised how it works, and shame I lost it this time, in my opinion it is like a game and you need to be prepare the way the want AND DEFINATELY NOT THE WAY BUSINESS WANTS !! , NOT REALL GENUINITY, REALL ROLE PLAY GAME, AND YOU WILL GET CREDIT FOR IT !

and It tool them 25 days to respond to A.R . emailed me as I submitted my AR by email..

One more thing, don't listen to anyone in internet. do your own research but there are loads of useful information if you know how to search but examine them all e.g: many says if they sent you these kinds of emails?, it is good result or refuse or ... its all rubbish.. there is no definite thi
WISH YOU ALL THE BESTSSS

Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Newly Registered

Post by Tier 1 Entrepreneur » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Also as you asked ( forgot to mention in previous post)/ It was 200K tier 1 from Dubai, and been interviewed in Abu Dhabi, it took only less than a week, and 3 days later they sent me the original refusal, then I submitted the AR, in 28 days, and they responded (refused it again) in 25 d you days after I submitted that ,
There was a few other email communications between us, but they are all nothing.. ( if you heard those emails means X /refusal or granted EC, just don't believe those comments they are rubbish,
Just research and prepare for your interview.. that's all I hope these info would help..

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:49 am

Hi Tier 1 Entrepreneur ,

I m really so sorry for your refusal..its so shocking .

I got few thing to ask if you dont mind to reply. 1. had your company been registered after or before 11th of July?
2. was your money in UK personal account?

I think something went wrong in your case , otherwise there is no point of rejection..or HO might have asked very tricky questions regarding your business at the time of interview ...

I hope you will reply with your time line as soon as possible.

thanks in advance.
Best Regards

Rockey

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:24 am

@ Tier 1 Entrepreneur

What is your background? Did you have any prior business experience to support your application and the business plan?
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

Christianoronaldo

Post by Christianoronaldo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi

I'm also applying T1 Ent. visa from Dubai. I have following two questions. I'll be grateful if you can help:

1. Do I need to include TB screening test in my application. It is required for applications made in Pakistan but not sure if same is required in Dubai?
2. Bank has not given me a letter as per UKBA requirement. They have not included the line: "These funds are transferrable to United Kingdom". Did your bank include this line. If not, did the ECO object on this.

Regards

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 am

1. Yes TB Certificate is mandatory.
2. Either your bank should say funds can be transferable to UK or you must have your funds already in UK.

My bank (Citi Bank) also don't want to give the letter like this and after escalating it to the higher official I got it. Usually bank hesitate to give but you should make them trust like your intention is not move all your funds to UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:40 am

piercebody wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 am
1. Yes TB Certificate is mandatory.
2. Either your bank should say funds can be transferable to UK or you must have your funds already in UK.

My bank (Citi Bank) also don't want to give the letter like this and after escalating it to the higher official I got it. Usually bank hesitate to give but you should make them trust like your intention is not move all your funds to UK.
This is your FINAL warning now. This topic is more than 3 years old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.