ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COMPLETING 10 YEARS BUT DEPENDENT IS ONLY 2 YEARS IN UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thisam
Newly Registered

COMPLETING 10 YEARS BUT DEPENDENT IS ONLY 2 YEARS IN UK

Post by thisam » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Dear members,

I want to thank you in advance for the great effort and support that you are giving and I really appreciate. Please carry on your good works and i am willing to share my experience here in future.

here is my matter if someone can advise,

I am applying for my 10 year long residency in 2 months time ( september 2014) and my current visa runs out just few days after i apply for the ILR.
My dependent is in Uk only for 2 years and her visa ( PSW dependent ) runs out same day i run out my visa. ( Both visas runs out in end of September 2014)

Question
What application should my dependent use?
does she have to meet financial requirement and english requirement?

Please kindly advise.
thank you

vinny

Re: COMPLETING 10 YEARS BUT DEPENDENT IS ONLY 2 YEARS IN UK

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:02 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:55 am

vinny wrote:FLR(M)
Yes.
Hi Vinni,
I will be applying my ILR 10 years next month and my wife's visa expiring in 2016. I dont want to switch her visa this year as i dont have money. can she stay on tier 1 dependent till the end of visa and apply just few days before expiry of her visa.
I am confused as some one told me that she has to switch within 28 days after i get my ILR.
ZR

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:37 am

I believe she should apply before her leave expires or before she travels outside the UK, whichever is sooner. I haven't seen any 28 days requirement for dependants switching.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thisam
Newly Registered

Post by thisam » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:55 pm

vinny wrote:FLR(M)
Yes.
Hi Vinny, Thank you for the prompt reply... what do you think about FLR (FP) ? ...When do we use this form??

Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:08 pm

If the applicant couldn't meet the Financial and/or English Requirement, FLR(FP) May be an alternative.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

thisam
Newly Registered

Post by thisam » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Amber wrote:If the applicant couldn't meet the Financial and/or English Requirement, FLR(FP) May be an alternative.
does that mean dependent still can apply using FLR(FP)? what is your best advise if the dependent can meet financial and english requirement??
will the application be refused because of choosing wrong application form?
Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:00 pm

If they meet both requirements FLR(M).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

thisam
Newly Registered

Post by thisam » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Thank you Amber

thisam
Newly Registered

Post by thisam » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Dear Members ,

it is great to see important information regarding the time spent in crowns dependences ( Channel Islands or the Isle of Man) counts towards the 5 years long residency. do you think lawful residence in UK under crowns dependencies visa could count towards 10 year long residency in UK?

Can you please explain the lawful residency in UK?

do you think following instructions covers lawful residency in uk for 10 year lawful residency? much obliged if you can share your ideas, Hi amber what do you think?

thank you

''chedule 4 of the Immigration Act 1971 covers the integration of the immigration laws of the United Kingdom and Islands. The Schedule provides that:
where a person has been given leave to enter or remain by the authorities of the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and then proceeds directly to the United Kingdom, that leave and any conditions attached to it will be treated as if it had been imposed in the United Kingdom;''