ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier2 ICT - Would unpaid leave break continuity ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bkankanw
Newly Registered

ILR for Tier2 ICT - Would unpaid leave break continuity ?

Post by bkankanw » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:41 am

Hi Guys,

I recently joined this group. I am going to be completing 5 years end of this year and was planning to apply for ILR. I am on Tier 2 ICT. I have a question regarding unpaid leave during this period.

I had been to India for my marriage from 5 Aug 2011 and 28 Aug 2011. I returned back on 28th Aug back to UK. Now it turns out that last 4 days during this period was unpaid as I had exceeded the total annual leave I am entitled for during an year. However, I was still employed by the same company under same sponsorship, it is just I was not paid for those 4 days. Would this break continuty ? Would this create any issues towards my ILR application ?

I tried to search, but could not get anything very concrete. Could you guys please help me out ?

Thanks you very much

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR for Tier2 ICT - Would unpaid leave break continuity

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:13 pm

You should be able to .

Only absence over 189 days will affect ILR. Not being paid for 4 days will not.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

bkankanw
Newly Registered

Post by bkankanw » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks Obie.

The reason I asked this question is as per my understanding, we have to submit a letter from employer for any absences from UK and for these 4 days since I was unpaid, it would be mentioned as unpaid leave on the letter. Is this fine ?

Appreciate your help.

rpreethi05
Newly Registered

Post by rpreethi05 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi

I am in tier 2 ict with unpaid leaves similar to your case..Would you be able to let me know if your application was successful ?

Thanks