ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kunalthewriter
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR

Post by kunalthewriter » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:32 pm

I was on HSMP for a year in 2008. I went back to India in 2009
Now after 6 years came to UK again on Tier 2 ICT Long Term
Am I eligible for an ILR after completing the requisite time with the same employer?
Can I somehow make use of the fact that I once had an HSMP?

vinny

Re: Eligibility for ILR

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:07 pm

No, I'm afraid not. Your continuous period of valid leave has been broken (245AAA).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kunalthewriter
Newly Registered

Post by kunalthewriter » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:12 am

Thank you Vinny for the reply.

I am trying to figure out the best route to ILR now. I believe in my current visa, the ICT long term, I cannot get an ILR after 5 years. The only category that gives me the ILR possibility is Tier 2 General. If this is correct, I can't be with the same employer and get the T2General without going through the 12 month cooling period. What if I change employer and find someone who is willing to give me CoS for T2G? Will the cooling period still apply?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 am

kunalthewriter wrote:Thank you Vinny for the reply.

I am trying to figure out the best route to ILR now. I believe in my current visa, the ICT long term, I cannot get an ILR after 5 years. The only category that gives me the ILR possibility is Tier 2 General. If this is correct, I can't be with the same employer and get the T2General without going through the 12 month cooling period. What if I change employer and find someone who is willing to give me CoS for T2G? Will the cooling period still apply?
That is the most common scenario for the 12 month cooling off period....