ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Child Application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Tier 2 Dependent Child Application

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi there,

I need to make an application for my new-born's Tier 2 Dependent Visa.

My husband is the main applicant. We will be applying for my baby's visa alone as our visas have been recently been renewed.
My only question is this- Am I able to show my bank statements, instead of my husband's for this application?

I was thinking as the baby's birth certificate will have my name as a mother , this should not pose any problems.
Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Child Application

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:39 pm

Ideally, the maintenance requirement is fulfilled by showing the dependent applicant's bank statements OR the main applicant's bank statement. In this case, since the applicant (the baby) will not have a bank account, logically the home office will need the bank statement of the main applicant. I've not heard of any case where a dependent's bank statement is used for another dependent application, hence not sure if it'll work.

OR If the main applicant can get a letter from his employer confirming that they will provide support for the dependent for the first month, that also should suffice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:31 pm

Why do you need to apply?

See also (d).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Thank you moonlight and vinny for your contributions.
304 will not be applicable on us as we are going to be travelling.
Vinny.. the document d you attached on maintenance was most insightful and clearly states that maintenance for a child can be in the name of the main applicant as well as the other parent; in this case me. So I will be showing my bank statement. My husband recently changed banks and it will be a while before we reach the 90 days period for him. I don't want to wait until April when the fee rises again.
Thanks once again. Much appreciated.