ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming benefits what rights.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zakir1988
BANNED

Claiming benefits what rights.

Post by zakir1988 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Dear guys

my solicitor who is very good ruuning in our community for the past 25 years our solicitor told me if I get housing benefit it won't effect my wifes visa when we come to renew it as I am british born citizen and my daugther only claim in my name I work part time I'm not a dependent when we applied under FLR FP 10 years route parent we just paid the fee single fee £601 If was appying as a dependent then the fee would of gone up
I think my solicitor just put my name on the form who's my wife living with as a partner getting housing benefit will not effect it if i was a dependent then getting housing benefit will effect it.

Is anyone british citizen getting housing benefit and working partime and have renewed your partners visa

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Claiming benefits what rights.

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:47 am

my close friend just recieved ilr on 23 december 2014.her husband is british .she came here as spouse of british in 2009.in feb 2014 she moved to council house paying their full council rent and only taking child benefit . she successfully receive ilr in december in croydon office without any issue.hope this helps although your query is not quite clear to me but may be this ans is any help to you.
ss

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:12 am

SSWSZ

My question is I'm British born here if I receive housing benefit, council tax benefit in my name only would there be a problem when I renew my wife's visa which she got under FLR FP ( 10 years route ) as the moment I'm living with my parents on the council waiting list bidding.

Due to my dad receiving disability living allowance middle rate I do not need to pay rent at all.

I work part time 15 hours a week in hospital I'm getting child benefit and child tax credit only for my daughter in my name only and I did apply for sure start maternity grant which they give £500 I put my wife's name on it when I applied.

When I applied under FLP FP showing all documents did not cause any problems even I gave council letters showing we are bidding for council house.

I just paid a the single fee of £601 for the application.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:46 am

Tax credits must be in joint names if you're a couple!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:13 am

When I claimed child tax credits in my name only this did not cause any problems when I sent all documents which she got her visa under FLR FP ( 10 years route )

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Where a couple who live together claim tax credits in sole name, they breach the Tax Credit Regulations. This could potentially lead to prosecution for benefit fraud. Tax credits must be in joint names.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:01 pm

If this was the case the HO would have said something when I sent the documents

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:29 pm

My wife did not have the right to work that's why I had to make single claimant she did not have any visa she was reporting every two weeks to immigration centre Beckett house in London bridge for the past two years now that she has her visa and also has the right to work my wife dose not intend to work her BRP Card clearly states no public fund if she started working I know I have to put her name on the child tax credit.

10 years route to ILR then can put her name in it this is not fraud what I have done clearly states if I get any benefits in my name only like Housing Benefit, council tax credit etc.. It won't effect her visa at all plUs I work part time.

If home office said this is fraud my wife would not have been given the visa in the first place.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:42 am

I have explained that your tax credit application should be in joint names, there is not much more I can say, you're unwilling to listen.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:29 am

I'm not unwilling to listen tell me how can you put your partners name down as your partner has not got a visa for example if your partner is an overstayer or visa has run out etc.. You can't put your partners name down on Child tax credit as your partner may not have an NI then will ask for proof of ID like passport etc.. Then they will see ID if the person has got visa and then maybe inform HO this will result in your partner getting caught and make it even worse.

Please explain this then.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 am

Your wife have leave!

redding
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by redding » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Know someone in almost the situation his partner is an overstayer they have a child and they want to make a flr FP application now but very confused as adding his partners details on the claim without no NI could cause problems with Ho. Would it be best for him to add his partners details to the claim after application is sent to home office?.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:50 pm

redding wrote:Know someone in almost the situation his partner is an overstayer they have a child and they want to make a flr FP application now but very confused as adding his partners details on the claim without no NI could cause problems with Ho. Would it be best for him to add his partners details to the claim after application is sent to home office?.
Best to claim in his name if he has ILR or his British born never claim in partners name even if she has visa it will say no public fund on BRP CARD

redding
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by redding » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:30 pm

@zakir1988 will this not cause issues with the application to ho. As they probably with check and see that the the partners details are not on the application?

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:43 pm

My wife has leave now but never claim on her name just only your name as this will not be good. people say put your partners name on child tax credit only cause it against the rules if living together you have to put it on child tax.

my question is claimed only child tax only in my name snice I'm british born didn't put my partners name in then why is that when i sent all documents to HO when i applied under FLR FP they checked everything was ok then gave my wife the visa 10 years route parent.

can anyone answer this

redding
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by redding » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:32 am

What proof did you send as living togather as not many bills paid.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:57 am

I sent photos of us together, birth certificate both our names and address on it, daughters letters in her name, proof of tenancy agreements who lives at the property, council letters etc..

Here is the example list for what documents I sent for FLP FP application.

1. Work pay slips
2. Utility bills
3. birth certificates of child
4. tenancy agreement
5. Bank statement
6. Photos wedding etc..
7. Rent council letter

MuzahirKhan
Newly Registered

Post by MuzahirKhan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:13 am

Hi, my wife is on spouse visa. I have to apply for extension After 30months 2017. We just recently had a baby 2015. I as a British citizen can I apply for child benefit & child tax credit ? Will it affect my wife's extention application? I've read some of the post but confused if they apply to new rule. Please help. Thanks

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:43 pm

MuzahirKhan wrote:Hi, my wife is on spouse visa. I have to apply for extension After 30months 2017. We just recently had a baby 2015. I as a British citizen can I apply for child benefit & child tax credit ? Will it affect my wife's extention application? I've read some of the post but confused if they apply to new rule. Please help. Thanks
not to worry only claim in your name child Benefit and child tax credit it should be fine it wont effect. your wifes visa when you apply for extension it didn't effect us all benefits are in my name only I'm British born citizen.

redding
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by redding » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:11 am

Thanks for your replies

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:30 am

Found useful information click here http://www.housing-rights.info/03_9_Wor ... ited-leave

zakir1988
BANNED

Confusion on Child Tax Credit joint claimants

Post by zakir1988 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:18 am

Hi guys

My wife has got an visa under Flr fp 10 year route I wanted to know is that I am receiving all benefits under my name only when I applied for her visa I sent all benefits receiving that are only under my name cause as my wife will not be entitled to.

I wanted to know that is it now she got visa her biometric card says no public fund like I thought so it would I'm still receiving all benefits under my name only and child tax credit like everyone would think partner not allowed to be receiving any benefit no joint claimants.

Can anyone explain if it's okay.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confusion on Child Tax Credit joint claimants

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Child tax credits MUST be claimed in joint names. It will NOT affect her visa or future applications. HO is aware of this as is HMRC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 am

CR001 Is it fine if I'm claiming only in my name Child Tax credits when I apply for discretionary leave would that effect her visa when I applied under FLR FP which she got her visa parent 10 year route Child tax credits was only in my name this did not effect her when she got her visa.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 pm

zakir1988 wrote:CR001 Is it fine if I'm claiming only in my name Child Tax credits when I apply for discretionary leave would that effect her visa when I applied under FLR FP which she got her visa parent 10 year route Child tax credits was only in my name this did not effect her when she got her visa.
When I applied for Flr Fp she did not have an visa and I was and is claiming only under my name.

Can someone please give me an answer