ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits : British Citizen and Partner on Spouse visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Benefits : British Citizen and Partner on Spouse visa

Post by shah.ali12 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:57 am

hi john/ or anyone who knows

I myself am a British citizen, my wife and 2 son are on spouse visa for 30 months and we would have to reapply after the first 30 months for extension completing 60 months all together. Finally after 60 months we would have to apply for my husband's indefinite for UK.

caught the sentence below from UKBA's letter after my husband's spouse visa got accepted but I do not understand whether I am allowed to apply for housing benefits for myself and my child, my husband is willing to pay his rent:

Under the Immigration rules you are not entitled to receive public funds to help meet your living costs (or those of any dependent)‎. In addition your SPONSOR is not entitled to claim or receive public funds on your BEHALF.

Question : my 2 childrens are british citizens and two are on dependant visa of settled person of 30 months as my wife, can you please confirm that could i apply child benefit and child tax credit for all children including who are on dependant visa? Would it affect their extension or ILR application....
I hope you would suggest as per your best knowledge. thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Benefits : British Citizen and Partner on Spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Do you and/or your partner work? If so, what are your earnings??

How many children do you have? Are only two British? Why aren't the other two British?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi CR001

I only work, she is housewife.£30000 plus, our first two sons born at abroad and two in the UK, that's why last two have british passport early. can you please reply on my early mentioned question that could I claim child benefit and tax credit for my first two children as well who are right now on British dependant visa(their visa says no recourse to public fund).thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Are you British born or did you naturalise as British and if so was this after you 2 kids born abroad?

Unlikely you will qualify for child tax credits as your salary is high and the same for housing benefit, you earn too much to qualify.

You could claim child benefit.

You can check your entitlement in the link below

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-ca ... tcalc.aspx
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Shah.ali12
You can apply child benefit on your name and child tax credit on joint name with your wife for all 04 kids......your are entitled for child benefit and child tax credit ....For housing I doubt full u r intitled as your wife is under immigration control
With 30000 I think u can claim about 125 pound per week child tax credit with four kids.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Shah.ali12
You can apply child benefit on your name and child tax credit on joint name with your wife for all 04 kids......your are entitled for child benefit and child tax credit ....For housing I doubt full u r intitled as your wife is under immigration control
With 30000 I think u can claim about 125 pound per week child tax credit with four kids.
you can check all on benefitc calculator link which CRO01give in her post....u put up wife under immigration control and yourself as settled person.....calculator not asked for kids status.....as child benefit and tax credit is your entitlement not kids
you will see result and should apply immediately at her wise you r loosing your entitled money

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Shah.ali12
home office letter is for your spouse not for you.....home office right u cannot claim public fund on behalf of your spouse.u r British national u can claim all benefits for which you entitled. .....its must to apply tax credit claim on joint name for married person ....even one of the. Under immigration control...
One parents settlement/British nationality enough to claim child benefit and child tax credit even if some kids under immigration control
for housing I not clear about your entitlement

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:42 am

Thanks CR001 and ALI97,

Thanks for your kind information it has really clear lots of doubts, o, my 2 kids born at abroad before my ILR actually my concern is that for my 2 kids who born abroad and have same dependant visa as my wife, and my kids visa letter also states same line that '' neither you nor your sponsor can claim public funds on your behalf''..... now if I claim child benefits and child tax credit on my all 4 kids basis then wont it violet the above restriction which homeoffice written in my kids visa letters? or child benefit and tax credit although I m showing all my 4 kids but its relates to me and not on their behalf?

if you or anyone could clarify this point then I would really appreciate.
thanks in advance

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi shah.ali12
Child benifit and child tax credits are your entitlement not your kids. ...so these benifits are not on their behalf but your entitlement. ...why you not phone child benifit office and tax credit office...tell them ur and your kids status and ask them you entitled r not? By late applying you just wasting ur benifit money...I doing same I have 04 kids one British ...three still on tier dependents....I claiming both child benefit and tax credit
There are so many threads on this forum clearing this.

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:28 pm

thanks ALI97

thanks for you suggestion and information, I have already called child benefit depart, they r not sure so I am going to write covering letter to them, in the mean time I wanted to get some experience from this forum if someone has faced the same scenario.
thanks