ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(General) Dependent ext.- Health Surcharge Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

k_tier1

Tier 1(General) Dependent ext.- Health Surcharge Application

Post by k_tier1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi,

My ILR has been approved just a few days ago thru Tier 1(General) 5 year route and i'm applying for my Dependent extension now.

As per the new rules, i should pay £600 for an IHS ref. number before making my dependent application. I had to fill a 'Health Surcharge Online application' and pay for this Online but had this following problem in the middle, please help me on this;

While filling the 'Main Applicant' Section, the online application was asking;
VISA ROUTE - (the dropdown list for this has following choices)
DISCRETIONARY LEAVE
FLR
FLR (OTHER)
PBS DEPENDENT (TIER 1, 2 AND 5)
TIER 1
TIER 2
TIER 2 PBS DEPENDENT
TIER 4
TIER 5
When i have selected the choice Tier 1 for the above question, the choices populated in the dropdown list for the next question are as follows;
VISA TYPE
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 1 YEAR
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 2 YEAR
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 3 YEAR
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 4 YEAR
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 5 YEAR
TIER 1 (GRADUATE ENTREPRENEUR) VISA
TIER ENTREPRENEUR
TIER INVESTOR

My problem here is none of the above are relevant to mine. I'm stuck here and couldn't proceed any further for the last few days, struggling to find guidance related to this particular subject either. Please guys, if u know how to deal with please please reply, i have to make my dependent application soon before the expiry date.

Thanks you very much.

regards
k_tier1
Last edited by k_tier1 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 (General) Dependent - Health Surcharge Query

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Your dependant is the 'main' applicant for the purpose of the health charge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

k_tier1

Re: Tier 1 (General) Dependent - Health Surcharge Query

Post by k_tier1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you very much for ur reply. Let me bring the following information to ur attention.

The application is started with 'Lead' applicant details; i believe this is my Wife in my case, who is applying for Tier 1 (General) extension. I have ticked the following for her,
'' About you - Personal details
Visa Route - PBS Dependent (Tier 1, 2 and 5)
Visa Type - Tier 1(General)
..... ''
<<SAVE & CONTINUE>>
'' Are you applying to join or remain with a person already in the UK?''
<<Add their details here>>
''Main Applicant details
Visa Route - ?
DISCRETIONARY LEAVE
FLR
FLR (OTHER)
TIER 1
TIER 2
TIER 2 PBS DEPENDENT
TIER 4
TIER 5''
When i have selected the choice 'Tier 1' for the above question, the choices populated in the dropdown list for the next one are,
'' Visa Type - ?
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 1 YEAR
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 2 YEAR
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 3 YEAR
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 4 YEAR
TIER 1 (EXCEPTIONAL TALENT) VISA 5 YEAR
TIER 1 (GRADUATE ENTREPRENEUR) VISA
TIER ENTREPRENEUR
TIER INVESTOR
.....''
There is a third section for adding dependents... (if relevant)...but the application obviously allows to fill up only one out of 2nd and 3rd sections...

I know that this is a new application and many of you guys had never dealt with it but now i think i have explained my problem in detail. Gurus/Moderators/Senior members or anyone out there who has dealt with it in the last couple of days, please help me on this. Please guys...time is running out for us...desperately looking for help...

Thank you very much for ur time and advice.

regards
k_tier1

laxquery
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1(General) Dependent ext.- Health Surcharge Applica

Post by laxquery » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:37 am

Have u been able to resolve this issue.
I am in same situation. My visa appointment is on Monday.
Pls pls help

nggooner
Newly Registered

Post by nggooner » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi,

The technical help for UKVI seem to think that for dependent of an ILR holder only the lead applicant details should be filled up and not the section under "applying to join or remain with someone already in the UK". I did the same and paid the relevant fees - have the appointment next Friday.

Good luck.

atif90
Newly Registered

Post by atif90 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi,

I am in the same situation. Please can someone update on this? Do we just need to fill the lead applicant and leave the main applicant details alone?

Thanks,

Atif

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:18 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my late reply. I did exactly the same as described in ''nggooner'' post on Fri, Apr 24, 2015. My dependent's Tier 1(General) Visa has been approved on 18th April and no issues came up on Health Surcharge.

Hope it helps guys who will be having the same difficulty. Thanks.

k_tier1

S_i_v_a
Newly Registered

Post by S_i_v_a » Sat May 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi
I have the same issue when filling main applicant's details, but as above replied said if I don't click "applying to join or remain with someone already in the UK" the payment will be vary than click. For 1 year it should be £200, but it came more than that.
Please advice me what is the solution as my appointment due soon.
tx
S_i_v_a

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:55 am

Hi S_i_v_a,

Your post is a bit unclear about the problem you had and i hope the following helps;

IF YOUR DEPENDENT IS APPLYING ALONE, FILL UP ONLY THE 'LEAD APPLICANT DETAILS' IN THE 'IHS' APPLICATION AND DON'T TOUCH THE 'MAIN APPLICANT SECTION' BY CLICKING ON THE LINK ''APPLYING TO JOIN OR REMAINING WITH SOMEONE ALREADY IN THE UK'' EVEN THOUGH THIS IS THE ACTUAL CASE!

THE AMOUNT YOU SHOULD PAY DEPENDS ON THE VISA DURATION OF THAT PARTICULAR CATEGORY IN GENERAL, for eg. Tier 1 (General) extensions are usually issued for 3 years validity therefore 3*200 = £600, please note that we should pay this amount completely even if we don't need 3 years of leave for our next step in the Visa hierarchy.

Hope the above info. helps. All the best.

k_tier1

aatiftaurus
Newly Registered

Post by aatiftaurus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:15 pm

k_tier1 wrote:Hi S_i_v_a,

Your post is a bit unclear about the problem you had and i hope the following helps;

IF YOUR DEPENDENT IS APPLYING ALONE, FILL UP ONLY THE 'LEAD APPLICANT DETAILS' IN THE 'IHS' APPLICATION AND DON'T TOUCH THE 'MAIN APPLICANT SECTION' BY CLICKING ON THE LINK ''APPLYING TO JOIN OR REMAINING WITH SOMEONE ALREADY IN THE UK'' EVEN THOUGH THIS IS THE ACTUAL CASE!

THE AMOUNT YOU SHOULD PAY DEPENDS ON THE VISA DURATION OF THAT PARTICULAR CATEGORY IN GENERAL, for eg. Tier 1 (General) extensions are usually issued for 3 years validity therefore 3*200 = £600, please note that we should pay this amount completely even if we don't need 3 years of leave for our next step in the Visa hierarchy.

Hope the above info. helps. All the best.

k_tier1
I have to apply for my Sons Visa from India as a Tier 1 General Dependant. My leave under Tier 1 General Expires on 12th May 2016 but I can apply for ILR in Feb 2016. When paying for NHS Surcharge for my Son after filling my Sons detail as the Lead applicant, I try to fill in my details as the Main Applicant but there is no Tier 1 General type listed under Visa Route.
If I skip the main applicant details the Surcharge is INR 70000 but as my Visa is valid till 12th May 2016, my Son will be granted a Visa only till that date. So the Surcharge should be only INR 20000.

Can someone kindly advise what options shall I fill so as to get the right NHS Surcharge amount. Also can someone kindly advise from their experience that if I have to pay the full amount of INR 70000 right now, will I get any refund later once the Visa is granted.

Thanks