ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aussie wife's UK ILE expired after 2 years and 6 momths in A

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ricrog
Newly Registered

Aussie wife's UK ILE expired after 2 years and 6 momths in A

Post by ricrog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:35 am

I'm UK Citizen and our 2 children have UK citizen passports, Aus wife got Indefinite Leave to Enter UK while we were in Aus in 2011, we went to UK in Mar 2012 and stayed till Jan 2013 and returned to Aus. Now returning to UK at end of July therefore wife has been out of UK for 2 years and 6 months and ILE has technically expired. My wife has no exit stamp from UK in her UK passport, nor an entry stamp back to Australia in her Aussie passport, therefore my question is will UK know that she has been out of the country for more than 2 years? I know that they were getting some embarkation info from airlines about people leaving UK but apparently not from all airlines. Would UK Immigration just ask us when she left or, seeing no exit stamps, not even bother to ask? Or, if they did ask and we said we left under 2 years ago would they accept this? Just Asking like!!

Casa

Re: Aussie wife's UK ILE expired after 2 years and 6 momths

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:36 am

Was the ILE issued with the condition KOL Required? (Knowledge of Life in the UK)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:42 am

ricrog wrote: My wife has no exit stamp from UK in her UK passport, nor an entry stamp back to Australia in her Aussie passport...
If she has a UK passport, she is a British citizen. If she had ILE before getting British citizenship, that has been superseded by her British citizenship anyway. As a British passport-holder, she does not require "leave to enter" the UK as she has "right of abode".

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:51 am

secret.simon wrote:
ricrog wrote: My wife has no exit stamp from UK in her UK passport, nor an entry stamp back to Australia in her Aussie passport...
If she has a UK passport, she is a British citizen. If she had ILE before getting British citizenship, that has been superseded by her British citizenship anyway. As a British passport-holder, she does not require "leave to enter" the UK as she has "right of abode".
The post is confusing. Although there's a mention of a 'UK passport', the OP also writes 'Aus wife'. There wouldn't have been sufficient time for her to qualify for BC between 2012-2013, less than 12 months in fact. Even with ILE she would have needed to complete a 3 year residence. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:45 am

Has the Entry clearance also expired?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.