ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation as a British citizen EU Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JCUK
Newly Registered

Naturalisation as a British citizen EU Passport

Post by JCUK » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:14 am

Hello

Just a quick question. I arrived to the UK on July 2006. Since then Ive been working in several companies. Im a EU Passport holder. After almost 9 Years I have deceived to apply for Naturalisation as a British citizen. My question is: Do I need to apply for indefinite leave to remain at this stage before sending my Application naturalization?

Also Ive never been Absence of the country for more than 6 month.

Thanks for your help

secret.simon

Re: Naturalisation as a British citizen EU Passport

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:53 am

Wrong forum. Please report in the "EEA-Route Applications" forum.

EEA citizens do not apply for indefinite leave to remain, they automatically acquire Permanent Residency after five years of exercising treaty rights as a worker.
JCUK wrote:I arrived to the UK on July 2006. Since then Ive been working in several companies
Have you always worked and paid taxes in the UK? Do you have the paper trails (typically P45s and P60s)? Are you from either an A8 country or Romania/Bulgaria? if so, have you been registered under WRS?

Assuming all conditions are met, you would have acquired PR automatically in 2011 and have been eligible for citizenship since 2012.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Topic moved.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JCUK
Newly Registered

Post by JCUK » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:56 pm

Hello

Thanks for your quick response. Im Swiss. I've got all my P60's since 2007 so that might be covered.

The other question and It maybe still unclear for me is this statement on the application form:

I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th october 2013.
I've done and pass my LITUK test. This is enough to complete my application? Or I need to prove something else?

Thanks you for your help

Best

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Swiss citizens are analogous to EEA citizens for the purposes of citizenship. So, most of the naturalisation process should be identical to an EEA citizen.

Life in the UK test is one aspect of the knowledge of language and life that you need to prove. You also need to meet the English language requirements. If you have a degree taught in English (you will need a letter from the University certifying that), that meets the requirement. Else, you will need to clear a B1 test from a list of authorised providers.

JCUK
Newly Registered

Post by JCUK » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:06 am

Thanks

That Clarify What I need.

But Still the question: What "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th october 2013" means? or stand for?

Thanks

best

JCUK
Newly Registered

Post by JCUK » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:20 am

Hello

Could you please give an answer to the question before? :D If you've got one

Thanks

Best