ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student VISA expiring 2 days help!! wife wants divorce

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khizarmehmood
Newly Registered

Student VISA expiring 2 days help!! wife wants divorce

Post by khizarmehmood » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:02 pm

I am here in the UK on a student visa, i came here in 2011. First college i came to, closed down after i completed my Level 4 course in Business Managanement. I then transferred to another college in 2013 to carry on with level 5 however, the college is now under investigation. So i have been trying to find what to do. I haven't received a letter of curtailment of anything as of yet, but my visa is expiring in 2 days.

I have contacted two other colleges, who asked me to put in an application asap and they will consider it, however, it would take approx 4-6 weeks which would make me officially an overstayer.

I married my wife in 2011 and lived together for a year, but then she started cheating and now wants a divorce. Im really upset because i cant believe she cheated on me with another man and is now demanding a divorce. As much as i didnt want to get a divorce, i dont think i can get over that she cheated.

She also knows that my student visa is expiring and probably why she is demanding a divorce i dont know.

Is there anything i can do to stay here? I have been here for 4 years and it would be very hard for me to go back home, because my parents dont speak to me, because i married a British girl of my own choice and they wanted me to marry another girl (a cousin) from home. Not just that, because of the area im from back home in Pakistan, there are like two political parties, who i followed when i was there (to whose daughther i was suppose to marry). If i go back i dont know what they would do to me. My freind just went back 5 weeks ago and after 2 days of being in Pakistan, some body murdered him. For the same reason, because he followed them (because we have to) when he was there and when he came to england he stopped and married the girl which was with the other party.

So i dont know what to do. Could someone please help me.

I have been told that because we lived together for a year i can still carry on and make a fresh application for FLR O and ask for an extension. Or buy some time by going ahead with the divorce application so i can figure out what to do next? I dont want to overstay or go back. Could someone please help me urgently, i am so stuck i dont know what to do. If i make an application for a divorce now, will that make a difference? or should i not? If i leave it and apply for an extension as a spouse? Whats the best thing to do here?

If someone please please could help me i will be forever grateful to anybody and will always be in my prayers.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Student VISA expiring 2 days help!! wife wants divorce

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:35 pm

Anywhere else in Pakistan you could relocate to?

This is what the authorities will ask.

How come you never switched to FLR(M)? I can't see an FLR app working now, and to be honest a claim for asylum isn't an option based on what you've said.

Wait for others though.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

khizarmehmood
Newly Registered

Post by khizarmehmood » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:17 am

Wanderer wrote:Anywhere else in Pakistan you could relocate to?

How come you never switched to FLR(M)? I can't see an FLR app working now, and to be honest a claim for asylum isn't an option based on what you've said.

Wait for others though.

Becauase we couldnt meet the that new finance requirment. Why hasnt anyone answered?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:34 am

khizarmehmood wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Anywhere else in Pakistan you could relocate to?

Wait for others though.

Becauase we couldnt meet the that new finance requirment. Why hasnt anyone answered?
To me it is obvious that you will need to leave the UK... perhaps you could apply for another student visa from abroad. But the real problem for me is that you have been studying for four years and it doesn't seem to have got you anywhere. Perhaps you could complete a degree with a university and then get a job?

I think that because there has been a breakdown of the marriage any application based on this will be unsuccessful.

You have only been here 4 years... the authorities would suggest that you can easily adapt to living somewhere else...

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:41 pm

so, what happened eventually. did you and your wife get divorced? :roll: :roll:

the way you wanted to stay in the uk and applied for bogus colleges, the same way the lady did by becoming your dependent. main motto was to live in the uk.

for both of you.. eventually going back is the foreseeable future. so best is to go rather than spending more money on flr n etc etc.

good thing is that you atleast know now that you made a wrong decision in marrying a girl of your choice.

but why would a British girl be with you for a visa?

were you bored and you made up the story?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:11 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:so, what happened eventually. did you and your wife get divorced? :roll: :roll:

the way you wanted to stay in the uk and applied for bogus colleges, the same way the lady did by becoming your dependent. main motto was to live in the uk.

for both of you.. eventually going back is the foreseeable future. so best is to go rather than spending more money on flr n etc etc.

good thing is that you atleast know now that you made a wrong decision in marrying a girl of your choice.

but why would a British girl be with you for a visa?

were you bored and you made up the story?
What happened eventually? How could he have divorced within less than a week of posting? :? There's no mention of his wife marrying him for a visa. Neither does he say he knowingly applied for bogus colleges. I don't think you've fully understood the post.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Suarez
Newly Registered

Post by Suarez » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:34 am

This appears to be a clear case of obtaining visas through bogus means. It is apparent that all the colleges you applied to are/were bogus. This supposedly threat on life is nothing but another pack of lies. This forum is for people who are lawfully here and not for people like you who wants ideas to illgealy stay in the UK.
Hope you are deported back to Pakistan, you liar.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:56 am

Suarez wrote:This appears to be a clear case of obtaining visas through bogus means. It is apparent that all the colleges you applied to are/were bogus. This supposedly threat on life is nothing but another pack of lies. This forum is for people who are lawfully here and not for people like you who wants ideas to illgealy stay in the UK.
Hope you are deported back to Pakistan, you liar.

Bit harsh... and this is coming from me! We are (mostly) immigrants on this site, and if we turn against each other so readily, what do we have?? It is easy to judge someone for their (dodgy) immigration status, but it's actually pretty hard to get here. I often have an impulse that I am 'better' than some on this site because of my spotless immigration history, but actually it might mean I am just less desperate and more fortunate. Sure they made bad choices and all choices have consequences, consequences that the OP will no doubt learn.

I am sure the OP just wanted facts and truth, not such vehement judgement.

I do question why they didn't apply for FLR(M) under the old rules way back in 2011, which were MUCH more lenient back then... but that ship has sailed. The op would have had ILR some years ago and this mess would be sorted for them, dodginess and all!

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:27 pm

+1
Well said physicskate
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 pm

+1
Agree physicskate, very well said
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.