ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 year to ILR and stressing

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tanty12
Newly Registered

1 year to ILR and stressing

Post by tanty12 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:13 am

Hi All,

I have been in the UK for 9 years , 5 of which was on T4 student, 1.5 on T1 Post study and rest on T2 General.

I am a bit of pessimistic person and as it is getting closer to the 10 year I am getting more nervous .

I am having all of this if scenarios in mind and sometime loose sleep over it .

If for any reason my visa was not renewed , the company I work in went bankrupt, I was made redundant etc, can I apply for discretionary leave ?

I have no ties with my main country and have been here since 17.5 .
I have a new born and bought a house so if I was to loose my visa, I loose number of years of hard working life to build what I have .

I really appreciate if someone could open my eye to possibilities and what are the things I could do in worst case scenario.
Regards

tanty12
Newly Registered

Re: 1 year to ILR and stressing

Post by tanty12 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:31 am

should say , I wrote above for a friend .
He doesn't have an acocunt here so copy pasted from email

vinny

Re: 1 year to ILR and stressing

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:45 am

Tell your friend:

Don't worry. The worst case is that if you worry, perhaps over something that's not going to happen, then you may make yourself ill.

Live in the present. Don't worry about the past nor the future.

Listen to some Talks.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.