ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency for 4EUF holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

one2three

Permanent residency for 4EUF holder

Post by one2three » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:59 am

Hello everyone... just curious as it says that you will aquire permanent residency once you have lived in an EU state for 5 years as EU spouse ...

Can i apply for Permanent residency once my 5 years are completed or should i wait untill my stamp 4euf is valid... which is valid for 18 more months even after my 5 years in ireland as eu spouse ?

Thanks for help.
I am because we are.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Re: Permanent residency for 4EUF holder

Post by Leinsterimmig » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:15 am

one2three wrote:Hello everyone... just curious as it says that you will aquire permanent residency once you have lived in an EU state for 5 years as EU spouse ...

Can i apply for Permanent residency once my 5 years are completed or should i wait untill my stamp 4euf is valid... which is valid for 18 more months even after my 5 years in ireland as eu spouse ?

Thanks for help.
Very good question. You can apply once you have 5 years with your EU spose resding and exercising rights in the State. No need to wait until the 4EUFam is expiring.
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

one2three

Post by one2three » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:05 am

Leinsterimmig wrote:
one2three wrote:Hello everyone... just curious as it says that you will aquire permanent residency once you have lived in an EU state for 5 years as EU spouse ...

Thanks for help.
Very good question. You can apply once you have 5 years with your EU spose resding and exercising rights in the State. No need to wait until the 4EUFam is expiring.

Yup that's what i thought, but many people don't do this way and wait until their stamp 4euf expires...

Thanks a lot for answering :)
I am because we are.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:21 am

The Regulation does not provide for this and neither does the Justice department advises this.

To the contrary , the Department of Justice advises applicant to apply before their visa expires.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:02 am

Obie,

Once a person meets the requirements of Permanent Residency (Form EU3), they are entitled to apply and recieve this permission. Whether they had stamp 4EUFam previously is irreleavnt. Once they are married at least 5 years to an EU citizen and that EU citizen is residing and working/studying in the State, they qualify.

I have dealt with many clients in this situation and all have been successful.

Regards,

Leinster Immigration
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum