ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR: residence in non-EU -> EU capacity for PR purposes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

PR: residence in non-EU -> EU capacity for PR purposes

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Can an EEA applicant rely on a mixture of non-EEA and EEA rights to legal residence in order to claim PR? Phrased differently, would her activity under PSW be appended by EEA rights of residence to claim PR, as this might be the theme of an illusive decision taken a few years back regarding a Polish national? In that case, however, the homeland of the applicant was the country later becoming the member of EEA, as opposed to a situation here. Much appreciated!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PR: residence in non-EU -> EU capacity for PR purposes

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:03 pm

A combination of UK Immigration rules/visa (PSW, Tier 1 or 2 etc) and EEA/EU residence permit can only be combined for ILR based on 10 years long residence as far as I am aware.

For PR under the EEA/EU Regulations, it is 5 years of exercising treaty rights as an EU National.

Given that you are an naturalised Irish national, is your query for someone else? If so, it would be helpful if you stated you were asking on behalf of another person to avoid confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:08 pm

CR001 wrote:A combination of UK Immigration rules/visa (PSW, Tier 1 or 2 etc) and EEA/EU residence permit can only be combined for ILR based on 10 years long residence as far as I am aware.

For PR under the EEA/EU Regulations, it is 5 years of exercising treaty rights as an EU National.

Given that you are an naturalised Irish national, is your query for someone else? If so, it would be helpful if you stated you were asking on behalf of another person to avoid confusion.
This is of course, is regarding myself. I have no idea how her, as opposed to his, has appeared. No sex change planned for nearby future

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 am

Again, as stated, you appear to be a naturalised Irish citizen living in Northern Ireland A.S.B.O. Post, so my question is, how is this relevant to you or are you asking on behalf of someone else, i.e. a friend, your spouse, etc.

For PR under the EEA rules, 5 years residence on a EEA residence permit is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.