ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalized need to travel USA on Indian Passport

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ILR.dot.dot.dot

British Naturalized need to travel USA on Indian Passport

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi All,

I have read through various posts on people travelling to India on Indian Passport while BC but I need to travel to USA and could not find any one with similar query. Appreciate if any one can share their experience or share their views to understand the issues I may face.

I have applied for Naturalization in April and hopefully I should get my Naturalization this month as I can see people from April application have started getting their documents now. I understand that every case is different and its not guaranteed that I will get mine this month but lets start this with the assumption that I will get as I need to prepare some other plans based on what may come on my way.

I plan to travel to USA from 3rd Oct to 11th Oct using Indian Passport. I have Indian Passport. I have valid US B1/B2 visa on one of my old expired Indian passport. When I will be travelling to US, I would (likely to) have naturalization certificate received. I understand Indian passport can be used for 3 months after naturalization so I am not worried for my Indian Passport being used for this travel. My question is:

1. Will I face any issues in US while entering and exit? Do I have to say anything to them about my naturalization?
2. What nationality do I enter in the landing card when I enter US?
3. When I enter UK at Heathrow, since my ILR will not be valid by then, will my Indian Passport and Naturalization certificate be accepted for entry in UK?

Appreciate your views and experience.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Naturalized need to travel USA on Indian Passpor

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:02 pm

1. Will I face any issues in US while entering and exit? If you have a valid visa for the USA there should be no issuesDo I have to say anything to them about my naturalization? No, not relevant as you won't be traveling on a British Passport.
2. What nationality do I enter in the landing card when I enter US? Indian as you are entering on your Indian passport.
3. When I enter UK at Heathrow, since my ILR will not be valid by then, will my Indian Passport and Naturalization certificate be accepted for entry in UK? You are assuming of course that you get the approval letter, the invitation letter and attend the ceremony before you travel. Certificate of naturalisation is NOT a travel document. You should be able to enter with your ILR BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.