ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Killer14bean

Re: ILR for main applicant and Dependent for Wife

Post by Killer14bean » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:51 pm

Thanks CR001 for the reply. I would be applying in person and ideally would like to have her application on the same day aswell.. Is there any kind of risk i should be aware of? What if HO office takes longer than normal to process my application and her turn comes up?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Most people that do this book appts a couple of hours apart and all seems to work out.

If you have no issues with HMRC, self employed income and if all your extension applications were correct and income declared to HO & HMRC matches, should be fairly straightforward.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Well, from my standpoint i have a straight forward case, since its HO we are dealing with I should have a plan to deal with any sort of situation. In case there is a delay, what should be the plan? Financially there is a lot at stake as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:57 pm

When does her visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

askhan

Re: What figure from Salary Slip is used for calculation

Post by askhan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Killer14bean wrote:Can anyone clear the doubt?
Hi mate..

Just the gross pay.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Total Gross Pay TD or Gross for Tax TD, since both have different figures in my salary slip. Gross for Tax TD is Total Gross Pay TD - Pension Deduction in my salary slip.

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Her visa expires on the same day as mine 11th Jan 2016.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:30 pm

If your case is straightforward, then it should not be a problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

askhan

Post by askhan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Killer14bean wrote:Total Gross Pay TD or Gross for Tax TD, since both have different figures in my salary slip. Gross for Tax TD is Total Gross Pay TD - Pension Deduction in my salary slip.
Hi mate

The gross means before any deduction.

If your salary is 24k you use 2000 your gross salary.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 pm

No case is straight forward these days.. although i have all the papers and have paid all my taxes on time. Just want to make sure that i have everything covered.. as my initial application was a self employment there is a minute possibility that HO might take extra or longer than normal..

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:20 pm

It is the Total Gross Pay, before any deductions. On my salary slip at the time, it listed all incomes (basic+overtime+allowances, etc) one one side and all deductions (tax, NI, pension, etc) on the other. The figure that I used was the total gross income, excluding all deductions.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:42 am

Anyone in similar situation? Who can throw some light on how to full proof the application same day for myself and my wife... Or i should book separate days for the applications?

Killer14bean

Help Filling form SET O

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:20 am

Hi I would be applying for my ILR 5 years route through Tier 1 G in Jan'16. I need some information to correctly fill the form. My first entry to UK was in Sep'2007 under student visa, post my Masters i got my PSW in 2008 after which i switched to Tier 1 G in Jan'11. Help from forum members would be much appreciated.

1. Section 3 - Which Category ? Tier 1 (General) migrant (excluding applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document)- correct?

2.Section 4.3 - Since i have done my Masters in the UK, what option do i select?

3 Section 6.2 - Immigration History - I have been out of the country for 172 days in last 5 years, i was self employed during my initial application and extension. I have been employed for the last 2.5 years, hence what letter format should i follow? is there a template for the letter? I can get a letter from my employers for the last 2.5 years, what should i do for the self employment period?

4. A6 - You should input your earnings into the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator and provide your total earning claimed in the box below? Which points based calculator is being referred?

5. B2 - Please indicate your method of verifying your qualification - How?

Thanks

quadusa

Re: Help Filling form SET O

Post by quadusa » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:09 am

Killer14bean wrote:Hi I would be applying for my ILR 5 years route through Tier 1 G in Jan'16. I need some information to correctly fill the form. My first entry to UK was in Sep'2007 under student visa, post my Masters i got my PSW in 2008 after which i switched to Tier 1 G in Jan'11. Help from forum members would be much appreciated.

1. Section 3 - Which Category ? Tier 1 (General) migrant (excluding applicants applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document)- correct? yes

2.Section 4.3 - Since i have done my Masters in the UK, what option do i select?
the qualification was taught or researched in the UK
or a majority English speaking country (other than
Canada); OR

3 Section 6.2 - Immigration History - I have been out of the country for 172 days in last 5 years, i was self employed during my initial application and extension. I have been employed for the last 2.5 years, hence what letter format should i follow? is there a template for the letter? I can get a letter from my employers for the last 2.5 years, what should i do for the self employment period?
If you travelled because of business then mention the business trip you were on and get a letter from your employer or if you were self employed just mention this in letter. No standard format. Be ready to provide your tax returns from self-employment and should math previous home office record.

4. A6 - You should input your earnings into the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator and provide your total earning claimed in the box below? Which points based calculator is being referred? There is no calculator , add earnings in A5 and enter in A6

5. B2 - Please indicate your method of verifying your qualification - How?

Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of
previous Tier 1 (General) application. i guess this should be applicable

Thanks

Killer14bean

Absence Letter - Set O

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi,

I have recently resigned from my current employment and serving my notice period. My ILR application is due in Jan'16 for which i have requested a letter from the current employers confirming my absence throughout my employment. They are playing cheap tricks by saying that organisation has no responsibility of supporting my ILR application as i wont be their employee when i will apply for my ILR. What should i do now?

geriatrix

Re: Absence Letter - Set O

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:07 pm

Well, they are right!

How many absences do you have in the last 5 years? And what is your immigration category?
Maybe applying without an employer letter is the only option you have?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Total i have 172 days absence in last 5 years.

2011 - 51 days
2012 - 33 days
2013 - 31 days
2014 - 31 days
2015 - 26 days

Can my organisation out rightly say no to me, when i know that is my personal information.

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Sorry. Forgot to mention Tier 1 General first issued on Jan 2011.

They cannot provide me the letter, however i can print a report from our leave request and time sheet application. The report has all the information of my approved leaves with company logo at the top. It is standard report used for the audit purpose.

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Any views?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Read 245CD-SD
It all depends on what kind of caseworker your file gets in the hands of!
Killer14bean wrote:They cannot provide me the letter, however i can print a report from our leave request and time sheet application. The report has all the information of my approved leaves with company logo at the top. It is standard report used for the audit purpose.
Get the printouts you can, as above, and draft an explanation for lack of formal letter from employer.

IMHO,
If applying in person, provide both if the caseworker asks for it.
If applying by post, include them by default and hope for the best.

Good thing is you have not exceeded the limit in any year, so the chances of caseworker ignoring the requirement (letter from employer) are high.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Killer14bean

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta for your inputs.

Killer14bean

Previous Earning Query

Post by Killer14bean » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:47 am

Hi,

A7 - Points being claimed

I need 20 points, however my 12 months (total gross YTD) is falling under 25 points bracket. Dont meet the criteria with 11 payslips, even if i remove one from the beginning of the period. Is it ok to check 25 points?

My tier 1 was granted after 6th april 2010.

moa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tax confusion

Post by moa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Killer14bean wrote:What should be the next step then? I declared all the genuine income to HO for the period of 12 months, but while tax compilation the figures changed i.e. expenses that were outside the 12 months period. Not even slightest of change/manipulation was done by me while filing the tax returns.
What did you do finally?? did you paid the tax with amendments in your returns on not???
Please do reply am waiting to know, thanks

moa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tax confusion

Post by moa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi everybody, Can anybody tell me about @Killer14bean case regarding his HMRC issue? If he amended his tax returns or not because he was adamant that he wont amend it and will take up as it was. Actually am almost in the same situation and thinking if I should amend my 2-11/12 tax returns or not. Any suggestions or anybody know what @Killer14bean did in his case, many thanks.

"Killer14bean wrote:
I showed 36k from 28th Dec'11 to 10th dec'12

however paid tax on circa £15k for the year 2011/12 and £32k for the year 2012/13 which included all my invoices (used for extension) plus invoices before dec'11 and invoices beyond dec'12. I had some major expenses during Jan'13 to 5th April'13. I have all the TR documents, invoices, P60's from my employment."