ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence - short of a couple of months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tas1418
Newly Registered

Re: Long residence - short of a couple of months

Post by tas1418 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:00 pm

Dear All, I am short of 5 months short exactly for my 10 years long residence. I came as a student in 06/09/2006. I have no visa refusal so far no overstay. I have tier 4 student visa untill 11th april 2016. Can you please suggest me how can I make up this 5 months please. I can not get a CAS so no way for tier 4. May be FLR(o) or FLR(FP).Thank you.

haris_zam
- thin ice -

Post by haris_zam » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:53 pm

tas1418 wrote:Dear All, I am short of 5 months short exactly for my 10 years long residence. I came as a student in 06/09/2006. I have no visa refusal so far no overstay. I have tier 4 student visa untill 11th april 2016. Can you please suggest me how can I make up this 5 months please. I can not get a CAS so no way for tier 4. May be FLR(o) or FLR(FP).Thank you.

firstly its 4 months , so thats good right there , you can apply on the 8th august 2016 , 28 days before your exact 10 years . inbox me and i will tryto help you In sha Allah, may be we are from the same college as well , twlling from your visa end date , since mine is the same date..

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to give you an update on my case. I am still waiting for a decision on my SET (LR) application which I varied at PSC on the 21st Jan but today I have received a refund for my FLR (FP) application. The cheque came in the post today for £1298.00 as I applied with a dependant for FLR (FP) . Yet to receive a refund for IHS and obviously a decision on my ILR.

Will update you all again once I get any news from HO.

Many Thanks

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:16 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just to give you an update on my case. I am still waiting for a decision on my SET (LR) application which I varied at PSC on the 21st Jan but today I have received a refund for my FLR (FP) application. The cheque came in the post today for £1298.00 as I applied with a dependant for FLR (FP) . Yet to receive a refund for IHS and obviously a decision on my ILR.

Will update you all again once I get any news from HO.

Many Thanks

Hi Gameover

That's good news so far. Hope you will get your ILR soon.

I have done my biometric today and hope I will get in country appeal right as I still have to cover 6 months from today.

Did you show 6 months pay slips for your dependant while vary your application.

Good luck

pink85

Post by pink85 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:32 am

I missed first bio 15 days and got second 10 days..but unfortunately when I went post office barcode error coming...I called homeoffice n they said we will request case worker behalf of u...u will receive biometric letter Asap. I also wrote letter about this query Ho .

I m worry about invalid application beacause second letter said if u not enrol within 10 working days than may ur application rejected.butsecond one is not my foot..I m waiting for new biometric letter.

My question is....sud I wait for 3 th letter?
Or can I use first letter for enrol biometric?

Plsssssss really need help on this situation .....I called Ho on 7th Feb and Ho received letter which I wrote on 9th Feb.

pink85

Post by pink85 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Any one plsss

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:56 pm

So try with the first letter then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pink85

Post by pink85 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:30 am

CR001 wrote:So try with the first letter then.
Thanks cr001 but when I called Ho about my barcode problem for 2 letter then they said this letter no longer valid...so may b first one not valid too dats bcos of 15 day already passed...

Do u think they sending 3th one? Or I have to call again Ho

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:57 am

pink85 wrote:
CR001 wrote:So try with the first letter then.
Thanks cr001 but when I called Ho about my barcode problem for 2 letter then they said this letter no longer valid...so may b first one not valid too dats bcos of 15 day already passed...

Do u think they sending 3th one? Or I have to call again Ho
I don't know. I don't work for HO. Only you will know what they said. Unfortunately, these things happen and when you are playing delaying games with HO like you appear to be and have stated you will, it often does not work out in your favour.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:00 am

CR001 is right. You may not get a third letter.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:20 am

Casa wrote:CR001 is right. You may not get a third letter.
And all this to try and buy 6 months to reach 10 years! :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pink85

Post by pink85 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:58 am

CR001 wrote:
I really appreciate wat u r saying...i don't want invalid application...i did wat feel required by 2 letter Evan I called too.....but getting panic...my heart said they sending bcos when I called Ho they said u don't need to write letter bcos we have all information n we already pass reques behalf of u.

right now want to protect invalid application...I need idea wat to do..wait for new one or use 2th one n give them reason..like I try different branch?????

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:18 pm

dear friends

yesterday i received my refusal letter from HO saying that i have seven days to leave country.i applied FLR O to get the time towards 10 years. i came to UK 22nd of march 2006. i received refusal 17th of feb 2016 no in country appeal. Please if you can advice in this regard. my solicitor is saying that he will apply ILR with in 7 days.

pink85

Post by pink85 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:11 pm

pink85 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
I really appreciate wat u r saying...i don't want invalid application...i did wat feel required by 2 letter Evan I called too.....but getting panic...my heart said they sending bcos when I called Ho they said u don't need to write letter bcos we have all information n we already pass reques behalf of u.

right now want to protect invalid application...I need idea wat to do..wait for new one or use 2th one n give them reason..like I try different branch?????
Cr001????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:31 pm

You should have gone with the first letter. You are trying to beat the system to buy yourself 5/6 months. It might not work out for you as you hope.

I do not work for HO. You will have to wait and see or try the second letter again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cadnica
Newly Registered

Post by cadnica » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:12 pm

cadnica wrote:dear friends

yesterday i received my refusal letter from HO saying that i have seven days to leave country.i applied FLR O to get the time towards 10 years. i came to UK 22nd of march 2006. i received refusal 17th of feb 2016 no in country appeal. Please if you can advice in this regard. my solicitor is saying that he will apply ILR with in 7 days.
Please if any member have advice for me
Kind regards

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi guys,

Another update on my case, I have received my BRP today with issue date of 17/02/2016. I have not received any letter from HO informing me of the decision yet but who needs it now.

It was almost one month since my PSC appointment but thanks God it is all over now.

I would like to thank you all the members and readers of this forum for there advise and help. It has been a great platform for information and guidance.

I will let you all know once I received the rest of my documents and my IHS refund.

Regrads

cheska88
Newly Registered

Post by cheska88 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Congratulations Gameover, Glad it's all out of the way for you. Turnaround under a month, not bad at all by HO standards :lol:
Also thank you so much for your regular updates. They've been extremely helpful, to me at least.
Good luck with everything!

Regards
Cheska

pink85

Post by pink85 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:44 pm

CR001 wrote:You should have gone with the first letter. You are trying to beat the system to buy yourself 5/6 months. It might not work out for you as you hope.

I do not work for HO. You will have to wait and see or try the second letter again.
thank you cr001....i undrstand wat u trying to say..evan i know i did mistake by second letter....i m just thinking if this application gone throw atlist one month after biometric so i will b ok to manage 3month evan i did not get right of appeal....i called today ho again for my bio than they said u already called 10th feb and we already send request for u so u will have up to 15 working day if u did not receive by 15 working day than contact us but i can not send again request for u...u sud wait for the letter. i ask them about 2 letter..sud i try different branch so they said u will have new letter. its no longer valid.i spoke to my soli he said wait for d letter and keep all record to corsponded about 3th bio like (i wrote letter to case worker and phone calling with reference name).if anything goes wrong so we can fight...

thank you cr001 for giving me support....check ur inbox

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:46 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 03410.html

Please read the above post before you decide to vary an application

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 pm

pink85 wrote:
CR001 wrote:You should have gone with the first letter. You are trying to beat the system to buy yourself 5/6 months. It might not work out for you as you hope.

thank you cr001....i undrstand wat u trying to say..evan i know i did mistake by second letter....i m just thinking if this application gone throw atlist one month after biometric so i will b ok to manage 3month evan i did not get right of appeal....i called today ho again for my bio than they said u already called 10th feb and we already send request for u so u will have up to 15 working day if u did not receive by 15 working day than contact us but i can not send again request for u...u sud wait for the letter. i ask them about 2 letter..sud i try different branch so they said u will have new letter. its no longer valid.i spoke to my soli he said wait for d letter and keep all record to corsponded about 3th bio like (i wrote letter to case worker and phone calling with reference name).if anything goes wrong so we can fight...

You may not get a reply from CR001. You'll see in her signature that she says:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Casa wrote:
pink85 wrote:

You may not get a reply from CR001. You'll see in her signature that she says:
Sorry casa and cr001 too...actually I have not read dat one so I send by mistake pm...to. Cr001...I hope he und. Next time I b carefull...thanks sorry cr001

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi guys,

Today I have received my passport with all my other documents. One weird thing is on the approval letter the date is shown 21st Jan 2016. But on the BPR the issue date is 17th February 2016.
My question is to the gurus which date should I use to apply for my new born baby who's DOB is 07/02/2016.

Is there any possibility I can use the date on approval letter?
I would very much appreciate your help

Regards

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:52 pm

I just got my file today as invalid bcos of not enronig biometric..Ho gove 28 day for new application...my 10 years eligible 27 July......plssssss give me idea wat to do

Sud go for d court application invalid bcos I called them n send letter too barcode error...I called 3 time n they said wait for d letter n by d time today application invalid

I m really getting to much panic plssss

Singh21

Post by Singh21 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:25 pm

pink85 wrote:I just got my file today as invalid bcos of not enronig biometric..Ho gove 28 day for new application...my 10 years eligible 27 July......plssssss give me idea wat to do

Sud go for d court application invalid bcos I called them n send letter too barcode error...I called 3 time n they said wait for d letter n by d time today application invalid

I m really getting to much panic plssss

Hi pink85

I think you have 28 days to apply for fresh application. I believe you got another chance and you are still legal in country.

Just go for fresh application but I am not sure if you will get refund for first application.

Good luck