ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave to enter UK during 60 days period after quitting job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

senthurbalan
Newly Registered

Leave to enter UK during 60 days period after quitting job

Post by senthurbalan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi All,

I have been going through many thread but couldn't exactly find out one specific point, I have quit my job and serving the notice period, probably my employer will intimate UKBA by this month end regarding my employment termination. So I will get to stay in UK for the next 60 days from that time, as I learnt from other threads.

I would like to know if I can leave and enter UK within that time period.Can I travel across Europe using my Schengan visa and come back to UK within that 60 days as many times as I can ? As I am planning to travel across Europe and come back and stay in UK for few weeks before going back once and for all.

Any help on this matter is much appreciated.

Thanks
Senthur

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Leave to enter UK during 60 days period after quitting j

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:03 pm

You risk being refused entry if your visa has been curtailed and you are no longer employed by your sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

senthurbalan
Newly Registered

Post by senthurbalan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:27 pm

CR001 wrote:You risk being refused entry if your visa has been curtailed and you are no longer employed by your sponsor.
Thanks for your reply.

Hmmm, I also thought so. But want to be sure about that. Where can I get an official confirmation regarding that matter ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Officially you are entitled to return to the UK within your 60 days of curtailment.
BUT there are risks. If the IO at port decides to make it difficult then they can. At that point you can be interviewed and then it all comes down to your answers.
If you are intending to find another Sponsor all well and good but take info on your applications etc.
If you are returning to clear up your stuff in the UK before you leave just be honest with them

senthurbalan
Newly Registered

Post by senthurbalan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:46 pm

Thanks mate. Just wanted to be sure if I am legally permitted to enter during that 60 days. I can prove that I will be leaving the country after I pack my stuff, as I can provide them with a return ticket to my home country. Also I have left the country in the past without any overstay during my past visits through different visas.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:56 am

Good Luck :wink: