ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring a family member for UK visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

holmes555
Newly Registered

Sponsoring a family member for UK visit

Post by holmes555 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:04 pm

I am a British Citizen living and working in the UK. I wish to sponsor my brother (Indian National) for a visit to the UK and Schengen countries. My brother is 28 and employed full time in India. I want to know what if such sponsorship is possible, what is the process involved, documentation and timescales to procure both the visas (UK and Schengen). Please guide.

dng_131
India

Re: Sponsoring a family member for UK visit

Post by dng_131 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:10 pm

holmes555 wrote:I am a British Citizen living and working in the UK. I wish to sponsor my brother (Indian National) for a visit to the UK and Schengen countries. My brother is 28 and employed full time in India. I want to know what if such sponsorship is possible, what is the process involved, documentation and timescales to procure both the visas (UK and Schengen). Please guide.

Hi Holme555,

I you are sponsoring your brother for the visit then you have to make sure that you will be the sole responsible person for him. I have sponsored my parents and I provided my 12 months payslips, bank statements, utility bills and a cover letter stating that I will be the responsible person for my parents during their stay. Your brother needs to show all of your these documents (Originals) and apply in India via British consulate by using online application form. I hope this will help. Let me know if you need any other help. You need to get UK visa separately and then apply for Schengen visa. (You can do this vice a versa)

In terms of timescale it took less than 2 weeks for my parents to get their visitor visa for the UK. I am not sure for the Schengen visa timescale.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Your brother will also have to provide all the documents to prove his personal and circumstances in his home countries and what ties he has to convince the ECO that he is a 'genuine visitor' and will leave the UK after his visit.

How long is he planning to visit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

holmes555
Newly Registered

Post by holmes555 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Thank you both.
He is planning for a 2 week stay in the UK and 2 week trip around the Schengen countries (accompanied by myself).
Following on the point that he has to prove that he is a'genuine' visitor, does he need to have a minimum bank balance or anything similar over a period of time?