ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing ilr fp 10 years route to 5 years ilr partner route.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bull
Newly Registered

Changing ilr fp 10 years route to 5 years ilr partner route.

Post by Bull » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi all.
My partner holds a visa for irl fp 10 years route due to humanitarian private life. We have two british children that were born in uk and i am already settled in uk with an indefinate leave.
My partner has done two years on her visa and she will have to wait 8 more years to get her ilr, meaning she will have to renew her visa 3 more times before she qualifies for ilr.
We both work and have a joint income of £29,000 a year. I was just wondering if we can change her visa from 10 years ilr fp to 5 years partner route which is a shorter route?
Do we have to do a wedding/ get married or can we qualify for 5 years without need of doing a weeding?
Thank you all for your assistance.

Casa

Re: Changing ilr fp 10 years route to 5 years ilr partner ro

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Why didn't your partner qualify for FLR(M) in her previous application? How long have you lived together?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Yes, if your partner meets all the requirements, she can switch to FLR(M) 5 year route. You do not need to be married but will have to prove 2 years of cohabitation.

Edit : beaten by Casa while I was distracted :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bull
Newly Registered

Post by Bull » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I have lived with my partner for 3 years now but we are still not married. We never applied for flr (m) as she had overstayed on her visa and we did not Meet the financial requirements. We used a solicitor that used ilr fp form, we applied under 5 years parent route and also ticked 10 years private life route. But got approved for 10 years route.

We still live together and i have documents to prove cohabitation.
Just wanted to find out if we needed to do a weeding and how much is the financial requirements needed.

Thanks.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:50 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, if your partner meets all the requirements, she can switch to FLR(M) 5 year route. You do not need to be married but will have to prove 2 years of cohabitation.

Excessive tea drinking :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Bull wrote:We still live together and i have documents to prove cohabitation.
Just wanted to find out if we needed to do a weeding and how much is the financial requirements needed.

Thanks.
No you don't need to be married. You need the proof of cohabitation for an unmarried partner visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Casa wrote:
CR001 wrote:Yes, if your partner meets all the requirements, she can switch to FLR(M) 5 year route. You do not need to be married but will have to prove 2 years of cohabitation.

Excessive tea drinking :wink:
Yes, this excessive tea drinking on your behalf on top of my excessive coffee drinking is a bit much :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bull
Newly Registered

Post by Bull » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Thanks casa and CR001.
How much is the financial requirements? Do we need to calculate the amount including the settled British children?
I am not sure as i heard home office changed the amount in 2016.

Thanks alot for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:04 pm

The amount hasn't changed, it is £18,600pa for just the partner. British children are not included in the calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:05 pm

The minimum annual income level is still set at £18,600. You don't need to include your British children in the calculation.

Edit: Nooo! Beaten again by Miss Speedy Fingers, CR001 :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)