ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family life as a parent (5-year route) - Which form?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Family life as a parent (5-year route) - Which form?

Post by Oompa Loompa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:57 pm

Hello,

Which visa application form would I need to use for a Family life as a parent (5-year route) visa?
I have searched the web and am still confused.

Thank you!

Casa

Re: Family life as a parent (5-year route) - Which form?

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:04 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Post by Oompa Loompa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Thank you so much Casa!

Perhaps I need to clarify that I would apply from outside of UK.

Will the form you gave link still apply to me?

Does this form would apply to me:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /VAF4A.pdf

Thank you in advance!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:40 pm

No, as FLR(FP) can't be applied for from outside of the UK. Neither am I convinced that the form in your link is the correct one.

Wait for confirmation from others.

Where is your child at present?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:45 pm

What is the nationality and/or UK immigration status of the child?

Where is the child currently located?

Do you have sole responsibility of the child or does the child have another primary carer and if so, what is that other carer's nationality/UK immigration status?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:02 pm

secret.simon wrote:What is the nationality and/or UK immigration status of the child?

Where is the child currently located?

Do you have sole responsibility of the child or does the child have another primary carer and if so, what is that other carer's nationality/UK immigration status?
This gives a partial background. Zambrano? :?:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1312864
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:30 pm

CASA I think the form may be the correct one, the only question is whether in the country from which the OP is applying, he/she is permitted to submit paper or online application.

Is the child in the UK OP, and have you been given rights by the court to see this child, or a child arrangement order?

Is the child a British or Settled person?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Obie wrote:CASA I think the form may be the correct one, the only question is whether in the country from which the OP is applying, he/she is permitted to submit paper or online application.

Is the child in the UK OP, and have you been given rights by the court to see this child, or a child arrangement order?

Is the child a British or Settled person?
Obie, the link I posted shows the child has recently registered as a BC (through the British father), and is awaiting their British passport. The mother says she has sole responsibility. I believe the child is living with the mother outside of the UK, but the she needs to confirm this.
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Ok i see. As we have alluded in the past, if the child is overseas it is difficult for the OP to qualify under the 5 years route.

The child must be in the UK, unless Regulation 15A of the EEA regulations applies.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:43 pm

Obie wrote:Ok i see. As we have alluded in the past, if the child is overseas it is difficult for the OP to qualify under the 5 years route.

The child must be in the UK, unless Regulation 15A of the EEA regulations applies.

Which is why I queried the validity of the application form in the OP's link.
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:47 pm

I assumed that there was an acceptance that she fell within the rules.

My apologies Casa.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Obie wrote:I assumed that there was an acceptance that she fell within the rules.

My apologies Casa.
No problem. Would Zambrano be an option?
(Casa, not CR001)

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Post by Oompa Loompa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:53 am

Hello,

We are indeed awaiting the child's British Passport and child was registered as a BC.
I do have sole responsibility, and we both reside overseas.

The child would have to travel to the UK alone first, I am thinking of a residential holiday camp or something to that effect. And then I would like to apply for the 5 year parent route, using priority service. I would engage a solicitor.

One can apply for the 5 year route from overseas only. That's why I am confused as to which form is correct for my case.

Many thanks again.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:18 am

As Obie has suggested, the 5 year parent route may not be possible. How do you propose to support yourself and your child in the UK?

Wait for further advice on your options.
(Casa, not CR001)

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Post by Oompa Loompa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:26 am

Casa wrote:How do you propose to support yourself and your child in the UK?

Wait for further advice on your options.
Thank you, from my income and savings.