ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E £50k Ext approved after 5 months waiting

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

T1E £50k Ext approved after 5 months waiting

Post by sky_rise » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:52 am

Dear members,

Happy to share good news with you. My application was approved following 5 months waiting.

I would like to thank all the members for their support - it was truly invaluable (not just now, but over the past 5 years!). Please keep posting, even if you think you won's add much - it does help! Every little tip helps!

As a good read on some part of my story, please navigate here http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 16324.html on this forum.

To cut long story short, here is my timeline:

Date application posted: 18.05.2016

Application received and signed at Sheffield HO: 19.05.2016

Confirmation later dated 25.05.2015 received with the biometrics request on 28.05.2016

Biometrics enrolled on 31.05.2016

IHS part refund of £200 received on the payment card on 24.08.2016

25.08.2016 Wrote first letter to HO requesting to dispatch decision and docs back to my address

After some days calling them, I was then provided by the HO with the wrong tracking number for docs to be received (someone else's tracking number for their application), on 13.09.2016. HO stated my docs ended up with the wrong person in another city, i travelled there, met the person that day, and then we confirmed to HO through the call they did not receive my docs at the other address.

14.09.2016 the case got escalated to the senior case working team to deal and find out where my docs were and why other person tracking id got associated to my account. DEtails were logged by the agent on the phone. I want to say agents might be very helpful, some more helpful than others.

14.09.2016 wrote second letter to HO asking to find my docs and contact me asap on my email/ mobile

Daily calling the number to check your visa status. Number is 0300 123 2241 (calling there really helps and works, if you insist all the time on what you need. Also try different people, some are more responsive than others!)

15.09.2016 received an email from the senior case working team at sheffiend (related to the logged call) confirming docs were with them and not lost, case not decided/ not completed/ pending etc. etc.

19.09.2016 received a call from the HO relating to sent letter that case was with them etc - same info but in writing.

07.10.2016 decision letter dated and posted

09.10.2016 all docs received (collection at post office as i missed the delivery) - decision letter and all docs/ passport in one pre-paid envelope i provided.

Waiting for the biometrics card at this point. I should say that i called the HO again to check status, and they still have it on the system that decision is not made, "please keep waiting". A bit messy there.

All docs were quite standard, many checklists here on the forum. Just read carefully the guidance, prepare your case, do not trust lawyers and accountants do it for you - you are responsible for your case! I did consult with lawyers and accountants, and I am thankful to them for their valuable input, but it is your case and responsibility. I did not use them to apply. Also, i believe the way you present your docs is of paramount importance - i had all arranged by different clear files, all with sticky notes on the top pages to provide checklist what's inside - so it was easy for HO to navigate and read. I also submitted my cover letter, explaining past 10 years of my immigration history, my education and career, and my future plans with business. Also a letter from university confirming i was a good character and from some business partners that we are genuine company etc.

Happy to answer some questions.

SR
"Ask me, and I shall provide it"

marantok
Mood:

Re: T1E £50k Ext approved after 5 months waiting

Post by marantok » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:59 am

Congratulations Dear.... Wish you Goodluck for your future endeavors

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:37 am

Congratulation and finally you got the fruits of 250km trip which you made last month due to home office mistake

Anna2016

Post by Anna2016 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:52 am

Congratulations !It is good news for all of us.

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:05 pm

dear friends, many thanks! good luck to all of us with getting on with our lives as normal!

received BRP today! date valid from: 07-10-16. so here is a question - i got first t1e visa in may 2013, so can apply for ilr in may 2018, not waiting until october 2018, correct?

sr

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:03 pm

sky_rise wrote:dear friends, many thanks! good luck to all of us with getting on with our lives as normal!

received BRP today! date valid from: 07-10-16. so here is a question - i got first t1e visa in may 2013, so can apply for ilr in may 2018, not waiting until october 2018, correct?

sr
Congratulations :D
Yes because any time spent on section 3C counts as lawful residence until you hear back a decision. This means that you can apply by May 2018 if you satisfy the job creation requirements.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Riverthamess
Newly Registered

Post by Riverthamess » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Congrats, we've got a very similar timeline!

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi
did u submit business bank statments if yes how many months?

sky_rise
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by sky_rise » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:54 am

IMPORTANT - re-entry with new visa - personal experience!

guys - a quick and very important update for all travelling on the renewed T1E visas!

Make sure you have a reference number of your previous visa (BRP number, or better a visa copy), and take a letter from HO confirming application accepted and visa granted - and here is why:

I received visa at the beginning of October and travelled outside for 4 days. On return at the border control my visa's biometric details were not showing with the immigration officers when you do the finger prints checks. They didnt show on three scanners. So the officer took my passport, brp, i also gave him previous visa copy and number, and letter from HO confirming visa award was genuine. Officer provided me with payslip reading that documents were retained and i detained until further checks made on genuinness of the document etc. He checked it rather quickly - 20mins - and let me go through. BUT, he said, there were 6 other similar cases with him on this visa type just on that SAME day!

So, be ready and have extra documents with you to speed this up!

He advised not to re-issue brp and wait maybe when all the data is loaded properly in their system. He suppose they forgot to load the data or to link it properly - what a mess :)

SR