ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ebosiam

what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by Ebosiam » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Hello every one
Long time no one put any comment I was just wonder if any body applied for ILR yet if any one did please let us now how is the process going.
Thank you

africangirl
Mozambique

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by africangirl » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi Everyone

I am sure most of the people on this thread have received their DL extension and now the problem is when should we apply for ILR , do we use the date on the Biometric or just count the number of yrs when its 6 yrs we should submit our applications.

I am confused any advice please.

Thank you

fjones66947
Newly Registered

Post by fjones66947 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:59 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi Everyone

I am sure most of the people on this thread have received their DL extension and now the problem is when should we apply for ILR , do we use the date on the Biometric or just count the number of yrs when its 6 yrs we should submit our applications.

I am confused any advice, please.

Thank you
Hi African Girl,

I received my discretionary extension on 1st of July 2016 valid for 3 years ( July 2019). I completed 6 years on the leave on 16th of July 2016 ( 15 days after the extension was issued ) I submitted my application for Indefinite to remain on the 20th of July,payment has been deducted and I am now waiting to hear back from the Home Office. Hope this helps.

Bob44

Post by Bob44 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:57 am

FJONES66947 please let us know when they reply you. Since you have completed your 6 years that shouldn't be a problem.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:53 pm

fjones66947 wrote:

Thank you
Hi African Girl,

I received my discretionary extension on 1st of July 2016 valid for 3 years ( July 2019). I completed 6 years on the leave on 16th of July 2016 ( 15 days after the extension was issued ) I submitted my application for Indefinite to remain on the 20th of July,payment has been deducted and I am now waiting to hear back from the Home Office. Hope this helps.
Please let us know when you get a reply i am on the same situation, it will be helpful to know if its ok to submit application for ILR as soon we finish our 6 yrs on DLR though the Biometric card expires later on.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:01 pm

fjones66947 wrote:

Thank you
Hi African Girl,

you have been waiting now 4 month ? and have you used (FLR DL) OR (SET O) ?

fjones66947
Newly Registered

Post by fjones66947 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:18 pm

odat wrote:
fjones66947 wrote:

Thank you
Hi African Girl,

you have been waiting now 4 month ? and have you used (FLR DL) OR (SET O) ?

Odat yes I have been waiting 4 months now and I used the form FLR DL.

stone1980
Newly Registered

Post by stone1980 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:15 am

Your case is similar to mine. Have you been successful in extending your day to remain for the third time? I was granted 6 months twice then three years which has just come to an end. All in all I am a few months shy of six years so will be applying for another DL. I hope to apply for ILR once I hit six years in a couple of months..Please reply
fjones66947 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have been following this post with interest for awhile and now find it imperative to also share my own experience.
I have been impressed and inspired by you all ,the support you have offered to each other is impressive and second to none,may you all continue to be a source of joy. I hope my post today will help you all answer some questions ,every information i provide here today are ones i received from my Solicitor and she happens to be one of the best in the country. She never takes a case she can't win and going by what she did on my case,she is extremely good.

I came into the country in January of 2008 on a 2 year Spouse Visa , in December of the same year i was convicted of a crime and got sent to Jail for 18 months, a couple of weeks before i was due to be released i received a letter from the Home Office saying they intend to deport me ,i immediately applied for Asylum. My Solicitor applied for bail on my behalf and i was granted , shortly after i got home from Prison i received a letter saying my Asylum application has been refused,i also received a deportation order shortly after that.

By this time i already have a daughter ,as my wife was pregnant before i went to prison ,my solicitor then proceeded to appeal my deportation order ,we went to Tribunal and a decision was made in my favour ( my solictor did the most amazing job ever,my case went from 10 percent chance to 95 percent chance ) the home office were pissed off that i got a decision to stay so they issued me a 6 months Discretionary leave. When the 6 months was about to expire i applied to have it extended ,and for 13 months i received nothing whatsoever from them ,not even an acknowledgement . No point to state here what i went through in those period, am sure you guys know..as you have all been through it yourself and some of you are still going through this. I approached my MP ,he contacted them and nothing happened ,it appears they were really pissed off at me. From my frustration i got something that became a brilliant idea , from all my years working in the HR sector i knew the complaint department of most big organisation are completely independent of the main org and because i also know by law the Home Office complaint department are required to reply to me in 21 working days ( at the time ) and in order for them to deal with my complain they will have to locate my file.

So i wrote the Home Office complaint department and in the letter i told them a relative back in my country has been diagnosed with a terminal disease ( which was true ) and they may die any moment from then and it is important that i go and pay my last respect and if i do not make that trip i will sue the Home Office for causing me untold hardship, guess what guys? it worked . Exactly 20 days after i sent the complaint i got a call from the team responsible for my case ,they apologised and stated that my application has been approved and they issued me an extension for 3 years. All together i waited 13 months between the expiration of the first 6 Months DL and the 3 years extension. My 3 years is going to expire on 2nd April this year ( 2015 ) my solicitors applied for an extension ,that was sent to the Home Office on Monday 24th of March 2015 ( 4 days ago ) and guys believe it or not i received a letter from my solicitor yesterday ( Thursday 26th of March 2015 ) the Home Office acknowledging my application and also sent me a letter to go and have my Biometrics ( which i have done today ) the also returned my Wife's and children's passports ( they are all British ) i sent those passports as part of my application.

So the main points i want to share with you guys today is this...to answer the question you all have been asking about the right time to apply for Indefinite Leave ,the answer is you can and should apply when you have already been on Discretionary Leave for 6 years ( if you got yours prior to the new rules ) According to my solicitor the rule clearly states we are eligible for Indefinite Leave after accruing 6 years of DL. There is not point in approaching the Home Office for clarification ,when my new extension comes it will be for 3 years but i would have accrued 6 years by August of 2016 and thats exactly when my solicitor will apply for my Indefinite Leave. You guys should know that a lot of the Home Office workers are clueless and don't know the rules..they sometime have to be told what to do. I believe for all you who have extensions that goes beyond their Indefinite Leave due dates ,you should apply when you have been on DL for 6 years.

I hope i have been able to add some useful infos to what you guys have already shared. If anyone needs any more info i am available to give it as best as i can. Good evening guys.

fjones66947
Newly Registered

Post by fjones66947 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Stone1980 Yes I was successful the 3rd time,and I have gone on to apply for my Indefinite Leave To Remain.I am waiting to hear back from the Home Office. It has been about 4 Months since I sent in the application.

stone1980 wrote:Your case is similar to mine. Have you been successful in extending your day to remain for the third time? I was granted 6 months twice then three years which has just come to an end. All in all I am a few months shy of six years so will be applying for another DL. I hope to apply for ILR once I hit six years in a couple of months..Please reply
fjones66947 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have been following this post with interest for awhile and now find it imperative to also share my own experience.
I have been impressed and inspired by you all ,the support you have offered to each other is impressive and second to none,may you all continue to be a source of joy. I hope my post today will help you all answer some questions ,every information i provide here today are ones i received from my Solicitor and she happens to be one of the best in the country. She never takes a case she can't win and going by what she did on my case,she is extremely good.

I came into the country in January of 2008 on a 2 year Spouse Visa , in December of the same year i was convicted of a crime and got sent to Jail for 18 months, a couple of weeks before i was due to be released i received a letter from the Home Office saying they intend to deport me ,i immediately applied for Asylum. My Solicitor applied for bail on my behalf and i was granted , shortly after i got home from Prison i received a letter saying my Asylum application has been refused,i also received a deportation order shortly after that.

By this time i already have a daughter ,as my wife was pregnant before i went to prison ,my solicitor then proceeded to appeal my deportation order ,we went to Tribunal and a decision was made in my favour ( my solictor did the most amazing job ever,my case went from 10 percent chance to 95 percent chance ) the home office were pissed off that i got a decision to stay so they issued me a 6 months Discretionary leave. When the 6 months was about to expire i applied to have it extended ,and for 13 months i received nothing whatsoever from them ,not even an acknowledgement . No point to state here what i went through in those period, am sure you guys know..as you have all been through it yourself and some of you are still going through this. I approached my MP ,he contacted them and nothing happened ,it appears they were really pissed off at me. From my frustration i got something that became a brilliant idea , from all my years working in the HR sector i knew the complaint department of most big organisation are completely independent of the main org and because i also know by law the Home Office complaint department are required to reply to me in 21 working days ( at the time ) and in order for them to deal with my complain they will have to locate my file.

So i wrote the Home Office complaint department and in the letter i told them a relative back in my country has been diagnosed with a terminal disease ( which was true ) and they may die any moment from then and it is important that i go and pay my last respect and if i do not make that trip i will sue the Home Office for causing me untold hardship, guess what guys? it worked . Exactly 20 days after i sent the complaint i got a call from the team responsible for my case ,they apologised and stated that my application has been approved and they issued me an extension for 3 years. All together i waited 13 months between the expiration of the first 6 Months DL and the 3 years extension. My 3 years is going to expire on 2nd April this year ( 2015 ) my solicitors applied for an extension ,that was sent to the Home Office on Monday 24th of March 2015 ( 4 days ago ) and guys believe it or not i received a letter from my solicitor yesterday ( Thursday 26th of March 2015 ) the Home Office acknowledging my application and also sent me a letter to go and have my Biometrics ( which i have done today ) the also returned my Wife's and children's passports ( they are all British ) i sent those passports as part of my application.

So the main points i want to share with you guys today is this...to answer the question you all have been asking about the right time to apply for Indefinite Leave ,the answer is you can and should apply when you have already been on Discretionary Leave for 6 years ( if you got yours prior to the new rules ) According to my solicitor the rule clearly states we are eligible for Indefinite Leave after accruing 6 years of DL. There is not point in approaching the Home Office for clarification ,when my new extension comes it will be for 3 years but i would have accrued 6 years by August of 2016 and thats exactly when my solicitor will apply for my Indefinite Leave. You guys should know that a lot of the Home Office workers are clueless and don't know the rules..they sometime have to be told what to do. I believe for all you who have extensions that goes beyond their Indefinite Leave due dates ,you should apply when you have been on DL for 6 years.

I hope i have been able to add some useful infos to what you guys have already shared. If anyone needs any more info i am available to give it as best as i can. Good evening guys.

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Hello every one
Just a quick advice I'm applying soon for ILR do you think I need a solicitor to do the application for me I need a quick respond please
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Ebosiam wrote:Hello every one
Just a quick advice I'm applying soon for ILR do you think I need a solicitor to do the application for me I need a quick respond please
Thank you
No, a solicitor is not required and has no influence or bearing on the outcome of your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:47 pm

I booked appointment at the premium service next Monday for ilr I will share the outcome
I'm applying for ilr after complete 6 year discretionary leave

lindalin
Newly Registered

Post by lindalin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 pm

odat wrote:I booked appointment at the premium service next Monday for ilr I will share the outcome
I'm applying for ilr after complete 6 year discretionary leave
Hi , I am in the same situation,best wishes for your application,please share the outcome with us .also what form do you use? I used DL for the extension but can only book a premium service by SET (o),do you submit English requirements documents as well? Many thanks

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Good luck odet don't forget to shar the outcome plz thank you

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:26 pm

I got the ilr today it's took about 3 hour
I will received the bro within 10 days

lindalin
Newly Registered

Post by lindalin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:27 pm

odat wrote:I got the ilr today it's took about 3 hour
Hi ,congratulations,wish you all the best for the future,did they ask you questions or you just waited for the decision,by the way have you submitted your language certificate?thanks

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:52 pm

lindalin wrote:
Hi ,congratulations,wish you all the best for the future,did they ask you questions or you just waited for the decision,by the way have you submitted your language certificate?thanks
No I didn't take life in the uk test if that what you mean because it's not required

And yes they ask to speak to my wife it's just normal questions about our relationship

lindalin
Newly Registered

Post by lindalin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:15 pm

odat wrote:
lindalin wrote:
No I didn't take life in the uk test if that what you mean because it's not required

And yes they ask to speak to my wife it's just normal questions about our relationship
Thanks for your reply, the application is for my husband,his English is not very good,you mean that I can go with him for the appointment,that would be great,also did your wife write a support letter for you? Thanks very much.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:43 pm

No she didn't write supporting latter
I just take the marriage certificate
Last my 3 payslip
Last 3 my wife payslip
First latter I got from the home office for first dlr
And the second later I got from the home office when I got the second dlr
And family photos
that all the documents I submitted with application

And yes my wife she was with me there and yes it's better to go with him

lindalin
Newly Registered

Post by lindalin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:13 pm

odat wrote:No she didn't write supporting latter
I just take the marriage certificate
Last my 3 payslip
Last 3 my wife payslip
First latter I got from the home office for first dlr
And the second later I got from the home office when I got the second dlr
And family photos
that all the documents I submitted with application

And yes my wife she was with me there and yes it's better to go with him
Brilliant,your reply is very appreciated ,we have been waiting all these years and now it's time for you to settle and enjoy your life,hopefully this will happen to us soon x

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Congrats odat

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:55 am

Ebosiam wrote:Congrats odat
Thank you

lindalin
Newly Registered

Post by lindalin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:30 am

odat wrote:
Thank you
Hi Odat ,what form did you use for your 2nd DL extension,my husband used DL form for it ,not sure if he can use set(o) instead of Flr(DL) for his Ilr,thanks for your reply

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:32 am

lindalin wrote:
odat wrote:
Thank you
Hi Odat ,what form did you use for your 2nd DL extension,my husband used DL form for it ,not sure if he can use set(o) instead of Flr(DL) for his Ilr,thanks for your reply
Used the flr dl in January 2014 to extend my 2 dlr and was free of charge in that time
The home office take about 13 months to approve the application so I got my second dlr starting date march. 2015 Abd valid to march 2018
But I completed my 6 year February 2017

lindalin
Newly Registered

Post by lindalin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:50 am

Hi Odat,Thanks for your reply,like I said my husband's situation was exactly the same,he will have completed his 6 years at the end of March,I was confused as he used DL for extension free of charge,not sure if he can use set(o) for Ilr,I was shocked by the fee but would rather to pay it to avoid the waiting time,I am going to book premium service in Belfast office,hopefully they have experience to deal with this category,thanks again