ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor VISA for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aeun-flux
Mood:

Visitor VISA for Parents

Post by aeun-flux » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time. Hope everyone is doing well.

I will cut to the chase.

I am trying to bring my parents from India for 2-3 weeks, tops. I was wondering if it will be successful,in general. They are both retired, and they will be showing properties, investments everything. Truth be told, they just want to see their grand-daughter, who they haven't seen yet. Other than that, they are not much interested in moving to a colder, wetter weather.

I work in IT for NHS as a contractor, and planning to show my last 6 months bank details, council tax statement for the year, copy of a utility bill, weekly payslip for a month and tenancy agreement from 2013.

MY question is: are these documents sufficient for them to get the necessary visa? and do i or they need to buy plane tickets before application?

PLEASE Advice !!!
EVERY little helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor VISA for Parents

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:40 pm

A plane ticket does not confirm they will leave the UK and does not guarantee a visa is granted.

They have to convince the ECO that they are genuine visitors and prove their personal and financial circumstances in their home country and strong ties.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aeun-flux
Mood:

Post by aeun-flux » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:21 am

CR001 wrote:A plane ticket does not confirm they will leave the UK and does not guarantee a visa is granted.

They have to convince the ECO that they are genuine visitors and prove their personal and financial circumstances in their home country and strong ties.

Many thanks CR001.

They will be providing all financial and residential documents. But other than that, what else they can provide? if I can ask as an example..if that is not too much inconvenience!
As well, do they need to write a cover letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:48 am

There are many topics on this if your search down the list of topics in this sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

honey2008

Post by honey2008 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:38 pm

I have only my parents in my home country.I asked them to include following documents from their side and they got the visa.

1) Joint bank statement for 1 year including the pension he receives
2) Property papers.

You can add any other financial assets details they hold

My mom is housewife and dad is retired Air Force personnel.

Basically strong ties also include any steady source of income which a applicant gets.

Please ensure bank statements should not include unexplained huge deposits ....good steady balance which ECO can conclude like pensions etc

Hope this helps

Regards
Honey