ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa - Viginette transfer

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Televators51
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa - Viginette transfer

Post by Televators51 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:31 am

Hi

I have a query with regards to the viginette short term entry period in relation to a Tier 5 YM visa (although guess this can apply for all other visas whereby a short term viginette is granted).

My visa is valid for 2 years, although ST viginette gives me a 30 day window for the purposes of getting in & collecting my biometric permit.

As a NZ citizen I can get a visa anyway for 90 days as a tourist, therefore if I enter outside the viginette 30 day period will I still need to apply for a new viginette transfer?

i don't see why i couldn't get in on a 90 day visa, then pick up my BRP (which I would obviously have to request the post office to hold in advance given a late planned entry) & be entitled for the remainder of the 2 years.

Is this possible? I realize I would lose a few months of my 2 years.

Thanks for your reply in advance

vinny

Re: Tier 2 visa - Viginette transfer

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 am

You cannot enter UK using an expired vignette.

If you enter the UK as a visitor, then your PBS status may be cancelled. Moreover, you cannot switch from a visitor to PBS in the UK.
Televators51 wrote:i don't see why i couldn't get in on a 90 day visa, then pick up my BRP (which I would obviously have to request the post office to hold in advance given a late planned entry) & be entitled for the remainder of the 2 years.
That would have been more reasonable for applicants. Unfortunately, it's not the way they had set it up.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Televators51
Newly Registered

Post by Televators51 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:58 am

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

I'm guessing you cannot apply for a viginette transfer on arrival either, therefore if you tried to enter with an expired viginette the course of action would most likely be they would not let you in & you would have to exit UK (i.e. somewhere in Europe) to apply for a transfer before re-entering?

Main thing I am concerned with really is travelling before hand & if want to go for more than couple of months its not really the place I would feel comfortable sending off my passport to wait for the new sticker & then get returned...

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:07 am

Did they issue the vignette in line with your stated intended date of travel?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Televators51
Newly Registered

Post by Televators51 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:25 am

I'm pretty flexible on my date to enter the UK, but they can't date it forward by more than 3 months.

Which in my case means I have around 3 months in total to travel beforehand (2 months of my intended travel date left plus 30 day viginette window). Wouldn't mind extending that by a month or so if money permits though!

Thanks