ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(FM) spouse condition

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lisa238
Newly Registered

EEA(FM) spouse condition

Post by lisa238 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:46 am

I am a full time worker (non EEA national) and I am married to a EEA person and he was working full time in April 2016, but left his job in 1st May 2016 voluntarily due to distance issue (currently still job seeking) and I then applied for for my EEA(FM) back in May, but I still have not received the decision letter yet.

I am quite worried about my application status, because when I applied for my family permit, my sponsor has changed his condition to job seeker from worker. Does anyone have any experience/information about what my application will likely to end up? Thank you.

lisa238
Newly Registered

Re: EEA(FM) spouse condition

Post by lisa238 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:22 am

I mean that will my husband still be considered as a qualified person because he is still looking for jobs

he left the job voluntarily

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:39 pm

The EEA Regulations 2006 were amended on 01/07/2016 as follows:

A jobseeker will be considered as exercising treaty rights or having ‘retained worker status’ in the following ways:

They previously enjoyed a right to reside in the capacity as a jobseeker for 6 months and found employment or exercised another treaty rights in another way

AND
Provide compelling evidence that they continue to seek work and have a “genuine” chance of being engaged, in order to retain worker status beyond six months

It appears that your husband has been a job seeker since April 2016 - 9 months.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 pm

Well that is what the guidance says, and even the Regulations. However very compelling reason has no basis in law.

The test is a person is actively seeking work and has a realistic prospect of securing employment.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors