ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 ICT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

psamajpa
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 ICT

Post by psamajpa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks team for looking to in this.

I have been a Tier 2 PBS dependent for last 4 years in UK. I work in same organisation as my spouse.
Is it possible for me to apply for a Tier 2 ICT for the job I am currently performing ? I understand that I need to apply for the same from my home country.
And if yes, so what could be the maximum duration of the VISA I will obtain ?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 ICT

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:49 pm

No, you cannot apply for an ICT visa. You are required to work in your home country for your employer for a minimum of 12 months to qualify for ICT.

You should apply for Tier 2 General, providing you meet all the requirements and your employer has conducted a full and proper RLMT process to prove you have not been 'pre-selected' for the job.

You have to apply from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Also, difficult if not impossible to prove in a Tier 2 General application that you haven't been pre-selected for the role if you are already working within the company in the same role. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

psamajpa
Newly Registered

Post by psamajpa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks.

Yes I have worked in my home country for same organisation for 2 years before moving here as a PBS dependant.
Would that make me eligible ?

And if yes, could you please help with my original follow up question as well on the duration.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:16 pm

psamajpa wrote:Thanks.

Yes I have worked in my home country for same organisation for 2 years before moving here as a PBS dependant.
Would that make me eligible ? No it would not. It must be the 12 months immediately prior to submitting an ICT application.

And if yes, could you please help with my original follow up question as well on the duration.

Regards,
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.