ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-Laws travelling UK - Help Pls

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rishikumar02

In-Laws travelling UK - Help Pls

Post by rishikumar02 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:00 am

Hi,

I am in the UK as British Citizen since last 2 year. I would like to bring my father inlaw(63) and mother inlaw(Age: 54) for 2 months on a visitor visa.

My father inlaw has a small shop and he dosent has any tax or any documents related to the shop below are her financial details:
They have a 3 story house value upto 25 lakh, but he only have registry document for that and nagarnigam tax recepit nothing else
Fixed assets: 5 acres agricultural land in India
Bank savings in cash : Rs.1.5 lakh

Planning to submit the financial documents to UKBA:
For English translation reports of Fixed assets (5 acre agricultural land) and residential plot. Do i need to notirize this from any advocate in India ?
Bank statement showing around 1.5 lakh INR

My bank statements showing around £5000 (minimum of £4000 for the last 90 days)
My payslips in UK
My own house registration agreement and utility bill (For her accommodation)

I will sponsor her entire trip to the UK.

I have a problem while filling the tourist visa form there are Finance and Employment section and options are for employed, self employed, unemployed. what should i fill that since my father inlaw is more farmer and small shop with
no paper work. Can some one suggest the best way for doing this part

Since she is having around 1.5 lakhs in their account, I am planning to transfer 1 lakh INR to her account for the UK trip tickets and curreny conversion to GBP for her ease of travel.

Below are my questions
1. Will there be an issue because I am showing few bank statements(applying visa in March) and limited cash?
2. Are these financial documents enough to get her a visa?
3. Are there any issues which can affect the application?
4. What should be filled in the finance and employement section ? what should i fill there since no farmer section is there and no documents to prove his self employment

I know it is a long post but wanted to make sure my father inlaw and mother inlaw gets the visa. That will be a best gift i can offer If any suggestions, I can do so that I am sure of getting the visa.

noajthan

Re: In-Laws travelling UK - Help Pls

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:41 pm

No idea what a lakh is; conversion required.

You have to convince UKVI caseworker (not 'UKBA' who no longer exist) that visitors will return home after visit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:03 am

noajthan wrote:No idea what a lakh is; conversion required.
Assuming Indian rupee, rough rule of thumb; for each "lakh", read one thousand pounds sterling.

It is a very rough and ready conversion and very imprecise, but handy for mental calculations.

To the OP (and to others posting here): the Indian numbering system is not commonly understood outside the Sub-continent. It is worth sticking to conventional short scale numbering, which is understood worldwide. The audience of this website is global.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rishikumar02

Post by rishikumar02 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks 1 Lakh means approximate 1000 GBP.

Can you please suggest is that sufficient or do i need more documents to prove
noajthan wrote:No idea what a lakh is; conversion required.

You have to convince UKVI caseworker (not 'UKBA' who no longer exist) that visitors will return home after visit.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:27 pm

I believe it may be important to show a steady stream of income for your in-laws. Shouldn't matter if it was a small or large business
Paperwork substantiating the above may be important.

I believe your in-laws are self-employed being a farmer/shop runner. Papers on Agricultural land may be used to prove the same
Any evidence on dependents, family circle within home country may be useful to show home ties

The success/failure of the application depends on how the case worker views all this evidence. There is no hard and fast rule on what funds needs to be maintained. It would entirely depend on their living expenses, dependents

In my experience, provide as much documentation as possible

All the best
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.