ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited Company Sole Director - Salary in Cat A or Cat F?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iq-dot
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa - Salaried employment with less than 6 months

Post by iq-dot » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:54 am

Hi,

I would like some clarification if I am able to apply for a spouse visa with less than 6 months payslip in any circumstances?

I have a limited company setup but however after some trouble with my first application I decided to just get a proper normal employment job to get my wife here quickly without a fuss.

If I show 3 months of payslips and if those 3 months somehow cover the minimum income, will that be sufficient do I still need to wait 6 months?

Thanks for all your help.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Salaried employment with less than 6 mo

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:05 am

iq-dot wrote:Hi,

I would like some clarification if I am able to apply for a spouse visa with less than 6 months payslip in any circumstances?

I have a limited company setup but however after some trouble with my first application I decided to just get a proper normal employment job to get my wife here quickly without a fuss.

If I show 3 months of payslips and if those 3 months somehow cover the minimum income, will that be sufficient do I still need to wait 6 months?

Thanks for all your help.
Six months.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

iq-dot
Newly Registered

Post by iq-dot » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:40 am

Oh damn thats a shame, I had a little hope when I read a point about "any period of salaried employment in the last 12 months if less than 6 months with current employer"

I thought that implied I can do it with less than 6 months wages :cry:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:40 am

Under category B you need to meet the income threshold by 2 days. First you must have earned the minimum income threshold of £18600 during the last 6 months from employment income instead self employment. Secondly your salaried job must yield the income threshold on application time or if non-salaried job then the last six months average (6 months wages/6×12) wages must meet income threshold.
But in your case if you go to category B then firstly your previous self employment income won't be counted and secondly you have to provide at least 6 months payslips.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iq-dot
Newly Registered

Post by iq-dot » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:55 am

Thank you for the prompt reply everyone.

So I was planning on going via the Category A route, not going to use any of my self-employed limited company income.

I was thinking of stating that I am employed, have not been there for 6 months however from this current employer I had already attained the income threshold by 3 months.

So that won't be possible? If not I guess I have no choice but to wait.

Update:

I just found a few points from the Appendix 2 Form that has either given me hope or confused me more:

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above, continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)
If ‘No’ go to 3.13

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application?
(Category B)
If ‘No’ go to 3.20

3.20 What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12
months prior to the application?

3.21 Does your sponsor’s annual income (before tax) from their current salaried employment
meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

3.22 If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the
application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the
12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? >

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Best would be to wait and apply when you will get 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

iq-dot
Newly Registered

Limited Company Sole Director - Salary in Cat A or Cat F?

Post by iq-dot » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:20 am

Hi guys,

I hope you guys can help me answer hopefully a simple question.

When filling in your Appendix 2 and you need to declare your salary income you receive as part of your limited company, does that figure go into Cat F or Cat A?.

I understand dividends will fall under Cat F but do the salary and payslip figure go into Cat F lumped into dividends?

So if I have a salary of £25k and dividend of £20k. Do I put £45k as income in Cat F or do I put £25k in Cat A (for salary) and £20k in Cat F (for dividends).

For me this aspect wasn't clear, any help appreciated.