ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:46 am

scorpion90 wrote:
cyborg001 wrote:
scorpion90 wrote:hi guys ..is there any restriction staying abroad once you are citizen .. i meant with ilr you can stay out of the country for 2 years max... is there any thing like that when you are citizen ?
Nope! Think about it, all of us in UK for 5-10+ years now getting citizenship remained to be citizens of our home countries so same applies to UK folk :idea:
Thanks for reply .. you get lots of questions like this in your head .. i tought there could be a time limit when you naturalised. what about are passport uk born and naturalised same is there any difference? ... can u tell from the passport if the holder is naturalised..? thanks[/quote]

You will be a British Citizen with all rights and obligations that go with it, no distinction as to how you got it - Passport states your nationality as British. And best of all UK immigration restrictions do not apply to British Citizens.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

scorpion90

Post by scorpion90 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:19 am

very Clear Thanks mate :)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:13 pm

scorpion90 wrote:very Clear Thanks mate :)
Well rights are the same but technically you can identify if naturalised as passport states place of birth which for the vast majority of UK born people will be a UK city. Unless you were born abroad to UK parents.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:28 am

Is there a photographer for private citizenship ceremony? Thanks

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Over 17 months now still waiting. Any update from people waiting for similar time?

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:19 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Yes should be fine.

2. No

3. You can use any NCS at any council.

Regarding referees, would the following two be accepted for my application, without any issues?

1. My Line Manager - British, Director or the Company
2. My colleague - British

I've worked in the same company for 5+ years now.

Thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:35 pm

KayPee wrote:

2. No

Regarding referees, would the following two be accepted for my application, without any issues?

Yes, re (2) colleague must be over 25 years of age.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:32 am

CR001 wrote:
KayPee wrote:

2. No

Yes, re (2) colleague must be over 25 years of age.
Thank you, both of them well over 25. :)

Have booked the NCS appointment for Joint Passport and Citizenship Application for 13th Feb.
Could you please point/list me in the right direction for the list of documents that people generally take for the appointment, along with the usual listed ones on the UKBA site?

I've seen a lot of post taking P60, Letter from Employer etc. Do both of these act as your proof of residency in UK? I had called UKBA and the representative said that Bank Statements for last 5 years could be used to prove residence. What is your opinion on this?

Thank you again :)

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 am

Just P60s and letter from employer is enough. Employment is not a requirement for naturalisation and they can check your tax records etc with HMRC anyway based on what you put on form.

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:05 pm

cyborg001 wrote:Just P60s and letter from employer is enough. Employment is not a requirement for naturalisation and they can check your tax records etc with HMRC anyway based on what you put on form.
Will the P60 be enough to prove that I've lived in UK, continuously, for last 5 years? However, I'm also getting my employer to put in a line in the letter that would say that I've been working on site since I've joined the company. Would have suffice if I don't have all last 5 years bank statements?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:46 pm

KayPee wrote:
cyborg001 wrote:Just P60s and letter from employer is enough. Employment is not a requirement for naturalisation and they can check your tax records etc with HMRC anyway based on what you put on form.
Will the P60 be enough to prove that I've lived in UK, continuously, for last 5 years? However, I'm also getting my employer to put in a line in the letter that would say that I've been working on site since I've joined the company. Would have suffice if I don't have all last 5 years bank statements?
Employer letter is sufficient on its own - so would be P60. Employer is expected to give correct information, so them stating you worked for them from/to/etc is quite sufficient. Worked in my case.
Bank statements as such don't prove residence as one can operate bank accounts from outside the country. No need to add to application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Lilas
Newly Registered

Post by Lilas » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me or has been in a similar situation....I've lived in the U.K. For 13years got ILR 2 years ago and applied for citizenship via NCS in October ''16. At the time of my application I had made them aware that I had no passports or travel documents as my national passport I previously had had been stolen and reported a such to the police. This week I received a letter requesting my original passport/travel document covering a specific period in order to demonstrate that I meet naturalisation requirements, I replied to them by email/letter explaining again that I did not possess the documents requested. Will this affect my application? Thank you

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Lilas wrote:Hi I wonder if anyone can help me or has been in a similar situation....I've lived in the U.K. For 13years got ILR 2 years ago and applied for citizenship via NCS in October ''16. At the time of my application I had made them aware that I had no passports or travel documents as my national passport I previously had had been stolen and reported a such to the police. This week I received a letter requesting my original passport/travel document covering a specific period in order to demonstrate that I meet naturalisation requirements, I replied to them by email/letter explaining again that I did not possess the documents requested. Will this affect my application? Thank you
If the reason behind the request is for you to demonstrate residence in UK during the period of interest then that can be done in other ways.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Lilas wrote:Hi I wonder if anyone can help me or has been in a similar situation....I've lived in the U.K. For 13years got ILR 2 years ago and applied for citizenship via NCS in October ''16. At the time of my application I had made them aware that I had no passports or travel documents as my national passport I previously had had been stolen and reported a such to the police. This week I received a letter requesting my original passport/travel document covering a specific period in order to demonstrate that I meet naturalisation requirements, I replied to them by email/letter explaining again that I did not possess the documents requested. Will this affect my application? Thank you
If you don't have the passport to show the residency requirement then they would look at the letters received from government organisations/ educational org etc. (So try to find one letter for each year at least if you can). I think this was in the application guidance if I remember...
I took a whole lot of letters too but I was told by the NCS that I don't need any as passports cover the necessary period for me

KayPee

Post by KayPee » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:07 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
KayPee wrote:
Employer letter is sufficient on its own - so would be P60. Employer is expected to give correct information, so them stating you worked for them from/to/etc is quite sufficient. Worked in my case.
Bank statements as such don't prove residence as one can operate bank accounts from outside the country. No need to add to application.

Sure, I'll put Employer Letter which would say that I've worked ON-SITE with them since I've joined them 5+ years ago. Thank you, mate! Really appreciated :)

ssa007

Post by ssa007 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi All,

I'll be applying for naturalization in a weeks time, both my referees are doctors (not GP'S) and over 25 years of age and British citizen, is this ok?

Many thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:46 pm

ssa007 wrote:Hi All,

I'll be applying for naturalization in a weeks time, both my referees are doctors (not GP'S) and over 25 years of age and British citizen, is this ok?

Many thanks
Known 3 years?
Related to you?
Related to each other?
Your representative?
Working for HO?
Criminal records?

ssa007

Post by ssa007 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:51 pm

noajthan wrote:
ssa007 wrote:Hi All,

Many thanks
Known 3 years?
Related to you?
Related to each other?
Your representative?
Working for HO?
Criminal records?
Hi please see below, thanks

Known 3 years? - Yes
Related to you? - No
Related to each other? - No
Your representative? - friends
Working for HO? - do not work for home office but NHS
Criminal records? - No

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:01 pm

ssa007 wrote:Hi please see below, thanks

Known 3 years? - Yes
Related to you? - No
Criminal records? - No
All good then.

ssa007

Post by ssa007 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:06 pm

noajthan wrote:
ssa007 wrote:Hi please see below, thanks

Known 3 years? - Yes
Related to you? - No
Criminal records? - No
All good then.
Many thanks for your help.

ssa007

Post by ssa007 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi all,

Help with filling up the application form - "Details of your employment section"

I am a IT contractor and a Director of my Limited company , does this classify me as 'Self employed'?

What options should i choose in sections

1.46 - it has 'Self-employed' as well as 'Director' which one to choose here ?

1.47 - Name of employer of business - should this be my limited company name ?

1.48 - If 1.47 is limited company name - i guess this will be its address?

1.49 - Is it ok to put in my limited company UTR here?

gautamrajeev
Newly Registered

Post by gautamrajeev » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:08 pm

ssa007 wrote:Hi all,

Help with filling up the application form - "Details of your employment section"

I am a IT contractor and a Director of my Limited company , does this classify me as 'Self employed'?

Hi here is what i am filling but please get it run through NCS
It contractors classified as self employed

Self-employed

Yes

Yes

This should be your reference so your UTR

gautamrajeev
Newly Registered

Post by gautamrajeev » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:45 pm

Updated my answer as my accountant advised me to
gautamrajeev wrote:
ssa007 wrote:Hi all,

Hi here is what i am filling but please get it run through NCS

You need to note that you are a Director in Section 1.45 and then tick the Director and employee boxes on the next question1.46. Then you you need to write your company name on section 1.47. Company address on the section 1.48.

1.49 Tax office reference numbers are

Corp tax : ask your accountant
PAYE : ask your accountant

Section 1.5 – You can put down the employer name as your company name from the day you started the company till present.

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi all,

just wanted to hear your thoughts about the below, I have applied for Naturalisation earlier this month based on the following:

EU Citizen
Arrival in UK: Oct 2010 (have always been employed since then, no employment gaps)
PR card received: May 2016 (status acknowledgement, letter did not include the start date of status)
Application for Naturalisation: Jan 2017 (Life in the UK test, Trinity exam, etc). Biometric enrolment done.

Now, I understand it's key to find out when UKVI has registered me as a Permanent Resident (I have requested a SAR after applying for Naturalisation), this should have been done as of Oct 2015 hence I should be ok with the 12 months requirement, shouldn't I?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:09 pm

81romeo wrote:Hi all,

just wanted to hear your thoughts about the below, I have applied for Naturalisation earlier this month based on the following:

Now, I understand it's key to find out when UKVI has registered me as a Permanent Resident (I have requested a SAR after applying for Naturalisation), this should have been done as of Oct 2015 hence I should be ok with the 12 months requirement, shouldn't I?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.
Are you an A8 national?
If so were you WRS registered?
Section 6(1) application or s.6(2) - British spouse?