ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General High Earner - Impact on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shroffd
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General High Earner - Impact on ILR

Post by shroffd » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:09 pm

My friend’s Situation:

Currently in Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted), which is sponsored by his employer. This was a (3 year CoS; Visa provision of 3+2 years). He got his Visa on November 2015, prior to which he was working on Tier-2 ICT- Dependent for 22 months.

Change in his situation:

He has got a new job which takes him to the “high earners category- more than 156K GBP)”. The New company will start his CoS + Visa process shortly.

So the questions are :

1. Can he get a CoS from the new company of more than 3 years ? If so, for how many years-maximum?
2. If he gets a CoS of 3 years now and then extends his CoS and Visa at the end of 3 years (2018)- Is there any impact/ risk ?
3. Is there any impact on ILR ? (Key dates- Tier2 General was issued during Nov 2015; so 5 years of stay in UK will be completed during Dec-2020; High earner Tier 2 Visa start date will be Feb-2017)
4. What is the best situation that he can demand from his new employer with minimal risk to ILR in 2020.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General to Tier 2 General High Earner - Impact on

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Not sure why you think it is complicated for ILR or why friend can "demand" a "situation".

Friend needs 5 years on tie 2 to qualify, regardless of how many employers/sponsors he has had.

Perhaps better if your "friend" registers on forum and asks own questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shroffd
Newly Registered

Post by shroffd » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Thanks, was only worried for him as in case in 2018 if rules change he should not lose out. hence wanted to check if he can push his new organisation for more than 3 years CoS. Aside, he is surely going to register tonight.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:22 pm

We don't know if there will be rule changes in 2018.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.