ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application for Minor born in UK,parents are indian

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gsdineshasm
Newly Registered

OCI Application for Minor born in UK,parents are indian

Post by gsdineshasm » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi,

I have applied OCI for my 6 month old Son. I have ILR and my wife has PDS dependent. We filled the application online. The problem i faced is uploading my son photo and finger print . I used smartpdf.com to convert pdf to jpeg and then used resize option in paint to reduce the size.

The following Documents uploaded during online application:
1) photo
2)fingerprint
3) Marriage certificate
4)My Son Passport
5)Indian Origin proof - i have scanned my son birth certificate,my passport(photo and address page),my wife passport and our visas . I used smallpdf.com to compress the PDF.

and the booked appointment.

I(only myself) have taken the following documents to VFS Goswel road,london

>>Appointment letter
>>Declaration form from VFS site - You need to put your son name in top and your signature at the bottom.
>> Application form - make sure that
in section 32. we mentioned both your name and your wife name and both of your signature and your child finger print.
and please get an extra fingerprint next to first name of applicant (right most corner).
Please take some finger print in a small white paper. sometimes they will do cut and paste .(In my case they did it )
>> All the originals - Passport (mine,wife and son),visa(mine and my wife) ,Birth certificate and Marriage Certificate
>>Photocopies and self-attested copies of my passport(photo and address page),my wife passport,both visas,birth certificate of my son,marriage certificate and passport of my son. Both parents has to attest the copy.

They have taken marriage certificate and birth certificate and given the receipt and ask me check the status online.

Thanks
gsdineshasm
London UK

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: OCI Application for Minor born in UK,parents are indian

Post by tamilmaran » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:51 am

Thank you gsdineshasm for sharing your experience. I have read that we need to give the copy of passport at the time of submitting the application and when the OCI card arrived to London ( need to check and find on the tracing website ) , we need to provide the Original passport and the copy of the payment slip etc.... to the VFS office and then you willl send your OCI card with passport.

Could you please clarify.

Regards

tamilmaaran
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

gsdineshasm
Newly Registered

Post by gsdineshasm » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Yes. they gave me a payment receipt and ask me check the status online. https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury
and if the status is ready, then we need to print the status report from https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

we need to take

>> Status printout ,payment receipt ,child passport(original) and return envelope(if not you can buy one there) to VFS .

No need to book an appointment for this.

Thanks
Dinesh

dennisuv1
Newly Registered

Post by dennisuv1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:39 am

dinesh can you please call me on this mumber i am planning to apply oci for my baby and i would like to clarify some doubt. Mobile Number removed by moderator
Last edited by CR001 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal contact details removed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:55 am

dennisuv1 wrote:dinesh can you please call me on this mumber i am planning to apply oci for my baby and i would like to clarify some doubt. Mobile Number removed by moderator
Strongly suggest you familiarise yourself with the forum T&Cs before you post. T&Cs (click) specifically point 5.

In addition to that, this topic is more than 6 months old. Suggest if you wish to get construction advice, start your own topic with details of your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dennisuv1
Newly Registered

Post by dennisuv1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:15 am

CR001 wrote:
dennisuv1 wrote:dinesh can you please call me on this mumber i am planning to apply oci for my baby and i would like to clarify some doubt. Mobile Number removed by moderator
Strongly suggest you familiarise yourself with the forum T&Cs before you post. T&Cs (click) specifically point 5.

In addition to that, this topic is more than 6 months old. Suggest if you wish to get construction advice, start your own topic with details of your circumstances.
BRILLIANT