ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA & UK Citizen - EU Treaty rights

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Taj5070
Newly Registered

Non-EEA & UK Citizen - EU Treaty rights

Post by Taj5070 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Dear Readers.
My wife and 2 kids aged 3&6 applied for an accompanying Irish visa back in December 2015. Still No reply. Whenever I tried the immigration authorities in Dublin says they are working on them. I have contacted Sovit, the ministry of justice,they all say it’s a back log just wait. I am in terrible state without my family. Do you think I should just give up and withdraw my application and go pakistan where my family resides.
I am a british national living in Ireland for over 16 months. Working full time as an IT analyst, paying regular taxes.
Please I will be extremely grateful for any suggestions.
Will be waiting impatiently for your reply.
Regards
Ali…

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non-EEA & UK Citizen - EU Treaty rights

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:30 pm

There is a backlog of roughly 7000 applications from India and Pakistan (many trying to avoid the UK immigration route for spouse or elderly parents)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MKA2015
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EEA & UK Citizen - EU Treaty rights

Post by MKA2015 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi,

It is tough, am sure you made the application for a reason so I would say hang in there and pray you get a response soon.

Others might have other alternatives that may be quicker for you though, I just wanted to say hang in there, you have waited and made changes to your life for a long period and hopefully it all pays off sooner rather than later.