ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions for FLR(M) form _please help!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

minlee
Newly Registered

Questions for FLR(M) form _please help!!

Post by minlee » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi ,

Could you help this please? I am a bit lost how to answer for few questions in the form.
My history is...

==August 2012 : entered to UK as TIER 5 ( two years working visa)_ applied and was granted in Japan.
===August 2014 : I was granted for FLR(M) in August 2014 within UK as unmarried partner of my current husband.
====FEB 2017(THIS MONTH) : need to extend a visa as a spouse(wife) of British citizen it will be my second FLR(M) application this time.

1. English Test
I am going to re-use my PTE(Pearson) test score report as same as the last time when i applied FLR(M) in 2014 but would it be matter if the score is not high enough??? or doen't need to worry about it as I already proved the language requirement initially?

(The requirement was B1 level in 2014 and it was fine but I am a bit worried now;;)

2. SECTION 2 in FLR(M) form- Category i am applying for

Question 2.2 asks:
2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your
current sponsor?

I think "NO" because i already was granted FLR(M) in 2014. is it correct?

Question 2.3 asks:
2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to
extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

the options are:

(a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner
of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or
proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

(b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

(e) You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the
Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite
leave to remain.

;;;For this, I think i should choose B, but which one would be correct for my occasion?

I have searched a lot but could not find exact answers;;please help me, guys!!

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions for FLR(M) form _please help!!

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:48 pm

minlee wrote:Hi ,

Could you help this please? I am a bit lost how to answer for few questions in the form.
My history is...

==August 2012 : entered to UK as TIER 5 ( two years working visa)_ applied and was granted in Japan.
===August 2014 : I was granted for FLR(M) in August 2014 within UK as unmarried partner of my current husband.
====FEB 2017(THIS MONTH) : need to extend a visa as a spouse(wife) of British citizen it will be my second FLR(M) application this time.

1. English Test
I am going to re-use my PTE(Pearson) test score report as same as the last time when i applied FLR(M) in 2014 but would it be matter if the score is not high enough??? or doen't need to worry about it as I already proved the language requirement initially?

(The requirement was B1 level in 2014 and it was fine but I am a bit worried now;;) B1 level is for ILR and citizenship. Even in 2014 the English requirement was A1 level. B1 is higher than A1.

2. SECTION 2 in FLR(M) form- Category i am applying for

Question 2.2 asks:
2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your
current sponsor?

I think "NO" because i already was granted FLR(M) in 2014. is it correct? Correct

Question 2.3 asks:
2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to
extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

the options are:

(a) First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner
of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or
proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

(b) Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain). This one.

(e) You require further leave to remain to obtain the relevant qualifications to meet the
Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KoLL) requirements to apply for indefinite
leave to remain.

;;;For this, I think i should choose B, but which one would be correct for my occasion?

I have searched a lot but could not find exact answers;;please help me, guys!!

Many thanks in advance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.