ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of Funds for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Maintenance of Funds for spouse visa

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:35 am

Dear members,

I have an ILR visa.

I want to apply for spouse visa (wife).

How much funds I should have in my bank account (savings) for maintenance of funds?

Do i have to maintain these funds for 6 months or 3 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maintenance of Funds for spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:19 pm

There is no 'maintenance fund' requirement for a spouse visa.

You must prove to HO with minimum of 6 payslips and bank statements that you meet the financial requirement of £18,600 pa or have held at least £62,500 in savings for a minimum of 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Thank you.

I have salary of 60k pa. due to wedding expenses I spent all of my money and there is no money in my account now.

Should i add 2 to 3 thousand pounds in account for 3 months and then apply for spouse visa OR I can apply with zero amount in bank statement.

Please note, I can show them 6 months salary slips and bank statement where my salary is coming.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:37 pm

The Entry Clearance Officer isn't concerned with the balance of your account if you're not relying on savings, only that you meet the minimum income level of £18.600 p.a
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.