ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(General)- Cooling off Period - any Exemptions?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chinnu1984
Newly Registered

Tier 2(General)- Cooling off Period - any Exemptions?

Post by Chinnu1984 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:03 am

Hi,

I was actually on Tier-2(General) visa which expired on 21 March 2016, then I applied for Tier-2(General) extension there in UK itself. Due to an emergency travel, I have had to come to India, so I have withdrawn my visa on 16 April 2016 and returned to India.

So please can you advice below Q's :

1. From which date my Cooling-Off periods is actually starts? and By when my cooling-Off period is going to finish?

2. If in case I would like to apply for Tier-2 General visa for the same previous company by getting a new CoS letter, does my previous company still need to have RLMT (Resident Labour Market Test ) or Is there any exemptions applicable to avoid RLMT?

Please can anyone clarify my questions..Thank you very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2(General)- Cooling off Period - any Exemptions?

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:19 pm

1. From the date you left the UK and you can only return a full 12 months after that.

2. RLMT will be needed. There is no exemption.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chinnu1984
Newly Registered

Post by Chinnu1984 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply.

Also please advise me whether I can make an application from India before my cooling off period ends (probably in the 12th month running - from the date I left UK) provided my previous company offers CoS letter after having a successful RLMT?

Thank you

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Chinnu1984 wrote:Hi

Thank you so much for your reply.

Also please advise me whether I can make an application from India before my cooling off period ends
(probably in the 12th month running - from the date I left UK) provided my previous company offers CoS letter after having a successful RLMT?

Your application being refused as per the rules

Thank you
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.