ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second visit to the UK on the same Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MichaelTN

UK Family Visa: Different accommodation provider to sponsor.

Post by MichaelTN » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello,

Just a quick question;

Is it possible for the person supplying the accommodation to be different to the person who is the sponsor for the trip?

The scenario is;

I am able to sponsor my Wifes trip to the UK by supplying my payslips and bank statements although I currently live with my Mother, is it possible for my Mother to provide the utility bills and tenancy agreement to show the accommodation information? The VISA we're looking at is just a general Family Visit VISA for 9 days, my Wife is currently a student in her final year at University in Azerbaijan.

Casa

Re: UK Family Visa: Different accommodation provider to spon

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply! great news :)

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Sorry, just one more question related to this scenario!

I'm unable to get a bank statement from the dates of February 10th onwards, because of a stupid monthly rolling system by my bank, Natwest.

Is it ok in my invitation letter to mention I've included last months statement from January 13th - February 10th along with a requested transaction statement from my bank showing my salary going in this month and all my transaction history, with my name, address, branch details, bank logo, account code and sort code visible, along with all in goings and out goings and balance changes.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:43 pm

MichaelTN wrote:Sorry, just one more question related to this scenario!

I'm unable to get a bank statement from the dates of February 10th onwards, because of a stupid monthly rolling system by my bank, Natwest.

Is it ok in my invitation letter to mention I've included last months statement from January 13th - February 10th along with a requested transaction statement from my bank showing my salary going in this month and all my transaction history, with my name, address, branch details, bank logo, account code and sort code visible, along with all in goings and out goings and balance changes.
A short answer again...Yes.

Also ask the bank to stamp the statement.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Stamp the online statement from January 13th - February 10th and the transaction statement? Every page I presume?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:03 pm

MichaelTN wrote:Stamp the online statement from January 13th - February 10th and the transaction statement? Every page I presume?
Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Thanks for all the help Casa, sorry for how simple they are! got two more questions to ask, probably another yes/no response!

1) I would need my mothers signature on the letter of invitation along with mine as she's providing accommodation?

2) On the UK Visitor Visa application, once printed and paid there is little box for a photo, I presume my partner just needs to stick her photo there before her appointment, along with providing the other 3 passport sized photos.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:20 pm

MichaelTN wrote:Thanks for all the help Casa, sorry for how simple they are! got two more questions to ask, probably another yes/no response!

1) I would need my mothers signature on the letter of invitation along with mine as she's providing accommodation? Would be best to.

2) On the UK Visitor Visa application, once printed and paid there is little box for a photo, I presume my partner just needs to stick her photo there before her appointment, along with providing the other 3 passport sized photos. Yes
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:21 pm

It will be crucial to submit strong evidence of your wife's ties to her home country in order to convince the ECO that she won't overstay in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Great, thanks again Casa, much appreciated!

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Wups, didn't see the other response, the only evidence we have would be she is on her final year of University in Baku, her University has supplied a letter stating her enrolment, dates and the course she is on, along with her name and D.O.B.

She held a Schengen Visa last year and visited Spain for 13 days & Czech Republic for 18 days, returning to her country both times, she also has her hold passport in her possession showing that she returned.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:31 pm

The confirmation from the University of her continuing studies + the compliance with the terms of previous visas should stand in her favour.
(Casa, not CR001)

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Brilliant, fingers crossed then!

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Post-appointment worries! my partner had her appointment today, handed in all the documents that we provided and now we're just waiting on a response.

I know I shouldn't panic/worry now as there's nothing else we can do seeing as the application has been sent off, although my main concern is about the accommodation;

There's no way the ECO can check the suitability of the accommodation is there? the Tenancy Agreement doesn't list how many rooms there are... there is only three of us living in the house, it's a 4-bedroom house. It's been our house for around 19 years.

Surely a quick background search (if they do this) will show that the house is more than adequate for 9 days for one extra person!

Have I royally messed up?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:23 pm

There would only be a concern if the property had multiple occupancy. This isn't the case with your accommodation. Breathe and relax....
(Casa, not CR001)

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks Casa, I should really learn to relax!

MichaelTN

Second visit to the UK on the same Visa

Post by MichaelTN » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello,

Can't really find any information on the internet so I thought I'd rely on this forum again!

My wife got her Visa accepted in March and came for 9 days, now she'll come again in July for 4 weeks (her Visa is marked with MULT so I know she can come again).

My question is, does she need to provide any further documentation on her second visit with the same visa? would a return ticket be enough, or must she provide all documents like last time? (Last time they only asked to see her return ticket and her Visa!)

Kind regards,

Casa

Re: Second visit to the UK on the same Visa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:34 pm

MichaelTN wrote:Hello,

Can't really find any information on the internet so I thought I'd rely on this forum again!

My wife got her Visa accepted in March and came for 9 days, now she'll come again in July for 4 weeks (her Visa is marked with MULT so I know she can come again).

My question is, does she need to provide any further documentation on her second visit with the same visa? NO would a return ticket be enough YES, or must she provide all documents like last time? NO (Last time they only asked to see her return ticket and her Visa!)

Kind regards,
(Casa, not CR001)

MichaelTN

Post by MichaelTN » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks again Casa, always helpful! have a good Sunday!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:52 pm

MichaelTN wrote:Thanks again Casa, always helpful! have a good Sunday!

You too, Michael.
(Casa, not CR001)