ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa for wife who is in Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nazalisaeed
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa for wife who is in Pakistan

Post by nazalisaeed » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi,

Firstly, just like to say that this is a great forum. I am new and have been searching for a while to see if my issue has been explained before... I am quite confident with the settlement visa process and know the documentation I need to submit.

However, I have heard alot about changes to the current process. My partner doesnt speak English yet, will this affect my application? I heard that english tests are going to be introduced and only qualified, english speaking spouses will be accepted (outside the EU).

Can some please confirm this. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:22 pm

There were some consultations. However, apparently no news as yet. Any changes should appear in 13.5 - Spouses/civil partners and how they qualify.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nazalisaeed
Newly Registered

Post by nazalisaeed » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:32 pm

Thanks for the links you have provided, they are very useful. I hope everything goes alright. It seems that although it has been introduced in India there is still hope if I apply now.

Obviously, she will start to learn English when she gets here but at least we will be living together.

Thanks for your help. :o :o