ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving sole responsibility

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nicoledp
Newly Registered

Proving sole responsibility

Post by nicoledp » Sat May 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi all,

I need help to prove sole responsibility for my 2 daughters.

I am a South African resident, got married to a South African living in UK with a British passport and wish to join him together with my 2 daughters aged 5 and 3.

My divorce papers state that we have joint custody (as SA child law state that both parents should have) but the children has been living with me for the past 19 months since the divorce. I have since the divorce decided on schools and housing without the fathers involvement, but have kept him informed all the way.

I wish to keep the relationship the kids have with their father on a good standard so will do all possible to keep contact.

But what evidence would be needed to convince the officer that I have had sole responsibility for the kids? Would a affidavit from the father giving consent for me to take the kids to the UK be sufficient?

Please help!!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2009 12:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.