ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for spouse | HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmp0804

Dependent visa for spouse | HSMP

Post by hsmp0804 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi,

I had got my HSMP visa in July 2007 , expiring in Aug 2009. I have been living in UK since Sept 2007 ,having enough funds and accommodation.
I want to apply dependent visa for my newly wedded wife in feb 2009. I have following questions

1) As I am not on Tier-1 yet and I am on HSMP visa, which form do I need to fill and apply for my wife (any link for guidelines would be appreciated)
2) Whats the usual timeframe for dependent (wife) visas?
3) What are the documents I should submit?
4) Is there any visa office in Punjab(India) where I can submit the dependent Visa forms?

Regards,

push

Re: Dependent visa for spouse | HSMP

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:29 am

hsmp0804 wrote: 1) As I am not on Tier-1 yet and I am on HSMP visa, which form do I need to fill and apply for my wife (any link for guidelines would be appreciated)
VAF-10
hsmp0804 wrote:2) Whats the usual timeframe for dependent (wife) visas?
Same as that for the main applicants 2-6 weeks (but varies widely)
hsmp0804 wrote:3) What are the documents I should submit?
See this
hsmp0804 wrote:4) Is there any visa office in Punjab(India) where I can submit the dependent Visa forms?
Yes Chandigarh and Jalandhar. See this
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks push_hsmp for reply.
Another question:

I am living in UK and I am going to India for 17 days for marriage and here is what I am planning to do

2nd day- Do registered marriage and get the marriage certificate
3rd Day- Apply visa for wife in jallandhar office with all the documents
10th day- do proper traditional marriage
Within 17th days- I expect the visa thing done and
17th Day -take my wife to UK.

Questions:
1) Does the above plan looks fine?(I'll have 12 VFS working days during my visit)

2)After my wife submits the forms/documents(on 2nd day),
i) When will the fingerprint test conducted(after how many days), I know it usually depends on the case but usually how long can i expect?
ii) and when will the interview conducted?
iii) If I submit documents in Jallandhar(Punjab,Inida) will the interview be conducted in the Jallandhar or in Delhi or somewhere else?
iv) As I'll be married just 1 day before I submit the forms, Will it make the case weak or create some problem?

Thanks

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:02 am

Hi,
Gurus please reply.

thanks

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:12 pm

hsmp0804 wrote:Thanks push_hsmp for reply.
Another question:

I am living in UK and I am going to India for 17 days for marriage and here is what I am planning to do

2nd day- Do registered marriage and get the marriage certificate
3rd Day- Apply visa for wife in jallandhar office with all the documents
10th day- do proper traditional marriage
Within 17th days- I expect the visa thing done and
17th Day -take my wife to UK.

Questions:
1) Does the above plan looks fine?(I'll have 12 VFS working days during my visit)

2)After my wife submits the forms/documents(on 2nd day),
i) When will the fingerprint test conducted(after how many days), I know it usually depends on the case but usually how long can i expect?
iii) If I submit documents in Jallandhar(Punjab,Inida) will the interview be conducted in the Jallandhar or in Delhi or somewhere else?
iv) As I'll be married just 1 day before I submit the forms, Will it make the case weak or create some problem?

Thanks
can be a risky plan as i know somebody who went through a similar plan and ended in refusal..

the refusal in their case was lack of photographic evidence and some queries regarding marriage certificate... as far i can see the query regarding certificate was aseless but could have arisen due to lack of supporting evidence i.e photographs..

so if u go ahead with that plan its better if u have nice photographs showing some ceremonies...

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi abhijack,
thanks for the reply.

But my following question is still unanswered.

After my wife submits the forms/documents(on 2nd day),

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:42 pm

Easy.... Pls note that there is going to be a difference between registered marriage date and your formal wedding date.

For example : In muslims, the cleric provides marriage certificate which is later taken to the moslem waqf board for attestation. They provide a certificate in english which is later endorsed by the registrar at the secretariat at hyderabad.

I suggest do not rush without having all facts or else you would be running pillar to post and redtape.

Best wishes.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Message Deleted
Last edited by hsmp0804 on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks all.
I got the visa.
But I did my registered marriage after 3 days of my traditional marriage and got the visa in another 4 days.