ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of Funds, HOW MUCH??????

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shughal

Maintenance of Funds, HOW MUCH??????

Post by shughal » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:45 am

Dear Memebers/Seniors,

Currently i am on PSW visa after having a degree of M.Sc in Finance from a Uni, going to be expired on 31 Jan,2010.I am going to apply on a student visa after that. I need to ask that what would be the minimum qualification i would have to take admission into in order to qualify for the student visa as i already have an M.Sc in Finance. i.e MBA, another M.Sc,Ph.D or any PG Diploma. Aslo how much money i am supposed to have in my bank a/c as MAINTENANCE OF FUNDS for this purpose if my college falls within the london boundary. some says £800, some says £ 1600. I am rally confused on this issue. Plz advice as many others do have the same problem.

Kind regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shughal

RE:MAINTENANCE OF FUNDS?

Post by shughal » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:16 am

Dear moderator,

Thanks indeed for this information n link but i am still looking for the answer of first part of my question that in which qualification should i seek admission into?
And if u could interpret the money needed in my case i will be highly obliged as it was getting really hard to find the money needed for my case and for how long into bank a/c i should have to keep.

Kind regards

meats
BANNED

Re: RE:MAINTENANCE OF FUNDS?

Post by meats » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:40 am

shughal wrote:Dear moderator,

Thanks indeed for this information n link but i am still looking for the answer of first part of my question that in which qualification should i seek admission into?
And if u could interpret the money needed in my case i will be highly obliged as it was getting really hard to find the money needed for my case and for how long into bank a/c i should have to keep.

Kind regards
Study whatever you want to and not what you think is needed in order to gain a visa. Studying should be to educate yourself and not used as the sole reason to gain entry into another country.

evabeva

Post by evabeva » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah, having done a master will be enough I think. I guess you are trying to get a job with PSW visa but haven't got any, so you want to to do more studying....you will get too qualified!

Just a friendly advice: don't waste more money on education because that's what HO wants. :wink: A master is more than enough for an employer to employ you, you should understand even if you get a PH.D still they will make it hard for you to get a job. :roll:

gud luck
none