ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens if ILR is refused?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pkumar
Member of Standing

What happens if ILR is refused?

Post by pkumar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:03 pm

What happens if ILR is refused (due to gaps)? do they give 1 year extention or just send you home and you figure out in next 28 days what visa to move in? I am bachelors and i am hoping i might get 2nd Tier -1 extention ? How do it work? anyone?

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:45 pm

If you get refused due to gaps and you think you have a reason then you can try appealing for eg. Discretionary basis. BUT if that doesn't work, then well, it's tough luck. The rules say that gaps aren't allowed and you have gaps. Not eligible.

So you can either move on to another immigration tier or leave the UK.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:10 am

So since i am currently in Tier 1 can i apply for 2nd extention?

vt_76

Post by vt_76 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi,

Suppose if ILR is rejected for other than gap period, like employment, playslips etc for Tier-1 holder, does this mean existing tier-1 visa which might be valid for another 2 years or so..will get invalid?..or continue to hold that even though ILR is rejected.

Thanks,
VT

pkumar wrote:So since i am currently in Tier 1 can i apply for 2nd extention?

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Re:

Post by FaeLLe » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:06 am

pkumar wrote:So since i am currently in Tier 1 can i apply for 2nd extention?
If You meet the eligibility criteria you should apply for extension and make sur you meet all the ILR and Tier Q General criteria when you apply for it again - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What happens if ILR is refused?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:00 pm

this post is from 2009
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.