ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-appeal the outcome of an existing appeal?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

parri34
Newly Registered

re-appeal the outcome of an existing appeal?

Post by parri34 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:27 pm

I am a naturalized British subject and have lived in UK for over 30 years. Both my parents hold Iranian passports and they have always traveled to UK on a visitor visa.
Last year in 2009 they applied separately and my dad was granted a visa whereas my mum was refused. The reason being that the ECO did not believe she was a genuine visitor and that she did not intend to leave the UK at the end of her visa.

We are going through the appeal process and waiting for the judge to make a decision.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to re-appeal if the outcome was negative and has anyone experienced this?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:05 am

No, you can only appeal the initial decision. Thereafter you will need to re-apply if possible.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:20 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:21 am

mulderpf wrote:No, you can only appeal the initial decision. Thereafter you will need to re-apply if possible.
Wrong answer!

The "First Tier Tribunal" will hear the initial appeal. http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/ImmigrationAsylum/
It may be possible to to make a further appeal to the "Upper Tribunal", if there are grounds to believe that the first appeal decision made an error in law.

But perhaps the OP is being unduly pessimistic in expecting the case to go that far. On the facts he has stated, the ECO decision seems a little bizarre.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 pm

After upper tribunal, court of appeal.

regards