ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my college suspended, what should i do?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

woolies

my college suspended, what should i do?

Post by woolies » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:52 pm

hello.
i am studying at BITE college (some of you may have heard of it) recently i was suspended and was removed from ukba list. i was doing my masters and i have completed most of my masters i am in my dissertation period and i have only one month left till i have to submit my dissertation.
my current visa expires on 31 jan 2012. can someone please clear me the following points.

1. i have heard that if the college got suspended then students have to change their college within 60 days or 45 days. is it true ?

2. in my case my college is still offering all services. so do i still have to change my sponsor ?

i am concern with my psw at the moment and i really dont want to take any chances.

thank you all

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: my college suspended, what should i do?

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:40 pm

woolies wrote:hello.
i am studying at BITE college (some of you may have heard of it) recently i was suspended and was removed from ukba list. i was doing my masters and i have completed most of my masters i am in my dissertation period and i have only one month left till i have to submit my dissertation.
my current visa expires on 31 jan 2012. can someone please clear me the following points.

1. i have heard that if the college got suspended then students have to change their college within 60 days or 45 days. is it true ?

No, If college is revoked then you have to apply for new visa within 60 days(some condition's apply).

2. in my case my college is still offering all services. so do i still have to change my sponsor ?

i am concern with my psw at the moment and i really dont want to take any chances.

Make sure you get your result's after college comes back on the list because timing of your result may affect your PSW visa application.

thank you all

woolies

Re: my college suspended, what should i do?

Post by woolies » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks vinny and Aryan2013,

My college is not telling me the truth, they are saying that they only suspended

for short time, but how would i know if my college was suspended or withdrawn,

in both case i can only check on ukba sponsor list.

so what I understand is:
1. if the college is suspended but offering full services then i have no problem but,
2. if the college completely withdrawn but offering full services then i will have to change my sponsor within 60 days.

thanks

Rameshbabu
Newly Registered

Post by Rameshbabu » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Bite played in our life they have to be honest with the poor students
This is the not the time to make money they have to be truthful.
If they don't refund my money (£9000) I will see a solicitor.

I need money to pay for my new proper uni or college.

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Rameshbabu wrote:Bite played in our life they have to be honest with the poor students
This is the not the time to make money they have to be truthful.
If they don't refund my money (£9000) I will see a solicitor.

I need money to pay for my new proper uni or college.
bite already ripped you off, then solicitor may try his chance with you.